How much better is Soriano than Boone???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How much better is Soriano than Boone????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How much better is Soriano than Boone????

Postby Soxcess » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:25 am

when you break down the numbers, they're not that different, Boone has more HR's, 2B's and RBI, and Soriano has a 2 more steals and a higher AVG., both have an OPS in the mid .800's, people are saying that Soriano will not steal as much this year being in the 3 hole in Texas, Boone will get, 10+ steals, both guys will have a .300 BA, so what's the difference???? I'm curious to hear why Soriano is so much better than Boone
Soxcess

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Quaker » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:27 am

I've wondered this myself. I was a big Boone supporter last year, and continue this year now that I have him on my team.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bedard » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:28 am

Basically, the steals. I don't know who is saying that Soriano will steal less in Texas this year being in the three hole there. Arod batted in the meat of their lineup last season and he had 17 steals. Arod is a WAY worse runner than Soriano is. Soriano ALREADY has 3 steals this season and should easily match his SB totals of the past couple of years. Soriano is one of the top fantasy players available - in 5v5 leagues there is no reason even Pujols should be more valuable to your squad. Only guy who contends with him is Arod.
Bedard

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:30 am

Soriano will hit more homers in the Texas bandbox than in Yankee stadium which is rough on righties. Soriano will still steal in the 30s. I personally think he tops 40 homers this year with around 120 RBI's in a good offensive lineup batting 3rd. Boone is good but Soriano is the man.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Soxcess » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:32 am

the experts on other websites quoted a person in the Rangers front office saying that they are looking for Soriano to be a power player who drives in runs, sure A-Rod had 17 steals but that's a far cry from Soriano's supposed 40 steals, if he only gets 25 or so steals this year and finishes only 15 or so above Boone, will the difference be that great, and if you already have players like Renteria, Crawford and Beltran, do you need Soriano for his steals, as apposed to Boone and his power potential
Soxcess

Sori Vs Boone

Postby Ry-Guy » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:34 am

Guys, Soriano is more than capable of a 50/50 season. When it gets hot in Texas, that ball is gonna fly off Sori's bat. Soriano almost hit 40 HRs as a member of the Yankees. Joe D was the last right-handed Yankee to hit 40HRs in a season. Soriano has amazing talent and is really way above Bret Boone in fantasy baseball. I know Boone will have numbers comparable to Soriano in almost every category but he won't come close in the stolen bases and that's were Soriano dominates. It's like having Vlad Guerrero of a couple years ago playing second base. Come on, that's sick!
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bsdo4ever » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:34 am

In the field or batting? Eh whatever, he is much better in both.
bsdo4ever
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bedard » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:36 am

Soriano has stolen and will steal a LOT more bases than Arod did. If your team is stacked in steals elsewhere though, and you don't need Soriano's, then that is your call. If you can get Boone and more for Soriano and still win steals, go out and get it done. Obviously a situational decision, do whats best for your team, but in one on one non-situational conditions, Soriano is absolutely better than Boone.
Bedard

Postby Soxcess » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:37 am

but like I said if you've got the likes of Renteria, Crawford and Beltran, who is more beneficial to your team, the stolen bases aren't needed
Soxcess

Postby thehotcorner » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:38 am

Soxcess wrote:do you need Soriano for his steals, as apposed to Boone and his power potential

How about Soriano for his steals AND his power potential. Have we forgotten Soriano has hit more HRs and 2B's each of the past two yrs than Boone has EVER in his career. There is not much comparison Soriano owns Boone, even if he only steals 25.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers