Cintron? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cintron?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cintron?

Postby tmoney » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:25 am

So far he has done nothing but kill my team. His average is pretty good at .295, but he only has 4 R, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 0 SB. How much longer will this junk go on for? Im still not sold on him like Peter Gammons is. With guys moving quickly from FA, I dont want to miss out. Do you think that either Carlos Pena, Sean Burroughs, Hee Seop Choi, or Adam Everett will end up with better years (in a 5x5 roto) than Cintron? I am getting killed in Runs, RBI's, and SB in my league and could use a boost. What do you think?
Last edited by tmoney on Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bedard » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:41 am

I don't necessarily think that any of the guys you have listed are better than Cintron, but that isn't saying much. Don't be afraid to drop Cintron in your league, I don't think there is much of a threat of anyone picking him up.
Bedard

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bucsfan04 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:02 am

I think Cinturon may come back, and I'm sticking with him on my teeam, too. I don't thinnk any of those players are gonna have better stats than his (although Choi is off to a hot start).
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby prodpaul » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:15 am

Still early imo I think he will bounce back fine. If you based the success of your team on Cintron you are in trouble to start with.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby perlick29 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:19 am

By the way I'll give one stat he wont improve: SB. It;s amazing how such a skinny guy could be so slow. I own Cintron in my most important league and will stick with him.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

#5 hitter

Postby sammyfan711 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:43 am

I like Cintron because he bats fifth - he should get a lot of RBIs with his .300 average. I had him as my SS but dropped him because someone in my league gave up on Furcal.
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mordraken » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:11 am

A guy with a .380 OBP and .420 SLG is good to have in your lineup. Especially one that qualifies as a SS and 3B. The fact that his runs and RBIs are low isn't his fault, it's the fault of the people batting around him (Gonzalez knocking in runs and people behind him doing nothing).

Play the averages - and for Cintron -good on base & decent slugging means that runs and rbis will come.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers