Heard the Huff news? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Heard the Huff news?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby matmat » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:53 pm

thanks for the heads up. dropped matheny for fick... hopefully he can get some stable playing time in a v. large league that I am in...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:17 am

haven't we known the coach was trying to get him to play there lately? i've seen at least a few threads on this dating back to i think a week ago. anyways as a dray fan i don't like it because huff sucks at 3B, he is already not hitting well so i question moving him to somewhere that he will make mistakes. i hope that it doesn't happen but sometimes when you struggle in the field you don't concentrate enough at the certain at bat. for those of you that own him sure it would be nice for him to have 3B eligibility.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Sevillano » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:20 pm

hybrid wrote:haven't we known the coach was trying to get him to play there lately? i've seen at least a few threads on this dating back to i think a week ago. anyways as a dray fan i don't like it because huff sucks at 3B, he is already not hitting well so i question moving him to somewhere that he will make mistakes. i hope that it doesn't happen but sometimes when you struggle in the field you don't concentrate enough at the certain at bat. for those of you that own him sure it would be nice for him to have 3B eligibility.

Yeah I posted this about a week ago, but only got a response from someone saying that Huff will be on the bench until he starts hitting. In any case, I have him in a keeper league and would love if he became elegible at third. IMO it would make him the 2nd best keeper 3rd baseman behind Arod (assuming that both Huff and Arod will turn things around and that Rolen won't keep up this pace). 11 more games at third and he's in....
Sevillano
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sevillano » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:13 pm

Sorry for those who don't care, but this is great news for my team...Anyway, Huff is in the lineup at 3rd again today, making 5 games at 3B. If he continues to play there everyday, I won't post anymore about it until he hits 15. Assuming he does, where does he rank among 3B's in a keeper?
Sevillano
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SD » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:17 pm

I would rate him the best in a keeper. He hits for power and average, is only 27, and as the D-Rays improve, so will his runs and RBI's. Blaylock and Chavez are close. If they figure out their lefty/righty splits, they could be better. Rolen is up there too.
SD

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Sevillano » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:22 pm

SD wrote:I would rate him the best in a keeper. He hits for power and average, is only 27, and as the D-Rays improve, so will his runs and RBI's. Blaylock and Chavez are close. If they figure out their lefty/righty splits, they could be better. Rolen is up there too.

Clearly you've forgotten about Arod, but I think you're right. Miggy Cabrera would be in the mix, but it doesn't look like he'll retain his 3B elegibility next year.
Sevillano
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SD » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:31 pm

Yes, I definitely forgot about A-Rod.
SD

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers