Rate the Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rate the Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:03 pm

tool069c wrote:Does contreras have grandkids yet?

All these "when's" getting tossed around...like when they pitch better, when they hit better, when they get better chemistry...how about "IF"...There are no guarentees in life, except that steinhitler is pissed off right now...

That is perhaps one of the sickest things I have ever heard. To compare a business man with to a man responsible for the murder of so many innocent people is downright appalling and makes me sick to my stomach.

I understand that that was intended as a joke, and it is your right to like or loathe Steinbrenner, but at some point there is always a line of deceny, and I'm sorry to say that comment left that line in the dust.

I apologize for how this comes across, and I don't intend to be telling you what to say, but I think it needed to be said.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timely » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:43 pm

I think whoever made that comment did intend it as a joke, and clearly in the context of the discussion it seems unbeleivable that anyone would think it was "crossing a line". Of course we are all sorry that it may have offended someone, but it really is no different from calling him Steinattilla or steingenghiskhan or steinjuliusceaser. I doubt anyone could find those names offensive, unless you were the man yourself or a close relation.

Lighten up a bit, it clearly wasnt meant to offend and shouldnt be taken as such.

It just wouldnt be funny to call him Steinthemanwhocontrolshisfranchisewithanironhandandcomesacrosstosomeofusasapersonwhodisplaysthequalitiesofastereotypicaldictator.
timely

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:06 pm

timely wrote:It just wouldnt be funny to call him Steinthemanwhocontrolshisfranchisewithanironhandandcomesacrosstosomeofusasapersonwhodisplaysthequalitiesofastereotypicaldictator.

8-o HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

quite the contrary my friend lol :-b
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timely » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:30 pm

Glad you liked it!!

I know I am gonna get ripped to shreads by someone for defending the Steinhi#$er line, but it had to be done.

If anyone else took the steinhi#$er line to mean that any one of us consider him to be a murderous tyrant, then i think there is a problem. Even a child could see what the intention to that statement was.

Just a quick side note, I think that steinbrenner is an awesome leader for any ball club and should be applauded as a man who seems to go to any lengths for the success of his ball club. Those who argue that he is ruining the competition should shut it.

If Bonds/Pujols etc becomes available, and the yankees have a chance to get him/them, they would be fools not to go after him/them. Anyone who lets the best available player slip through their fingers when they have the available resources to secure their services has no place leading an organization.

The Yankees lost the World Series last year and so the yankees picked up A-Rod in the hope of improving from the number 2 team to the number 1 team, and rightly so.
timely

Postby tool069c » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:01 am

steinhitler...crossing the line...i am the line, i am jewish and it's a joke,...whether you get it, or like it or not, it doesnt matter to me, ill keep saying it, and ill keep aughing everytime i say it to myself, or outloud. something that happened 60+ years ago is the past and is history, me calling him steindhitler has nothng to do with what the real hitler did, it's a joke, take it that way..
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby afromangettindrunk » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:47 am

stein$%^*#@!*%!&
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:14 am

back to the point of the thread...

So, um, how many more important defensive plays is Jeter going to boot before Arod gets moved over?

BTW - Jeter has 2 recorded errors so far, but Im pretty sure from watching highlights that he has missed 3 or 4 defensive plays - a couple of which dramatically altered the outcome of the game. Anyone who has watched their games care to corroborate this?

Edit:
I also want to add that the entire Yankees defense has been pretty awful up to this point - Wilson at 2nd isnt working, Jeter has already cost the team a game or two, and Giambi has been DHd.
Looks like what everyone was saying their achilles heel would be before the season turned out to be accurate.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:56 am

Jeter has cost them 2 games? Where did you find this? Wilson not working out? Do you have any proof of this? Enrique made some flat out sick plays in spring training. Jeter isn't awesome on short but we've won championships with him there in the past and it hasn't really affected us. It has actually helped us some with plays such as the "Flip Play" against Oakland and making that great catch falling into the crowd.

Regardless of whether he's a goldglover or mediocre SS, we have won with him in the past so I don't see what the big deal is now. Is he all of a sudden going to blow all our games just because A-Rod had to move to 3B? That makes no sense.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hello » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:03 am

maybe in the past, his defencive lapses were not enough to cause serious damage, but perhaps now, when combined with other problems, they are starting to be a little more glaring and costly. It may well be that he is playing as well as usual, but with a weakened pitching staff and other things, it just another one of the straws breaking the camels back.

There, I think i have successfully repeated myself in the same paragraph.
hello

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:07 am

I don't think our pitching staff is weakened much at all from last years. If Mussina comes back to where we all know he should be then I think it is just as good. Vazquez and Brown more than makes up for Pettitte and Clemens in my mind. Again, our 4 and 5 starters are shaky but they were last year too. When we get another solid pitcher (which we will because you KNOW George) then we'll have a much improved team over last years.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers