Rate the Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rate the Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:17 pm

thetongueofire wrote:
ajgdrummer7 wrote:
Pitching-- Once we get a true 5th starter whether it be Lieber, El Duque or someone we pick up in a trade such as Kris Benson or even such names as Randy Johnson (which I have heard could be a possibility if the D'Backs are off to a slow start and just choose to get young and lower their salary) we have a great staff. Mussina, Brown and Vazquez are all number 1 starters as said before. Contereas just needs to get into the groove of things and get more consistent. He is a ? but has the potential to be something great.

you just mentioned the Big Unit's name in the same sentence as 5th starter... how could you? :-D

btw- i still think that as of right now, the Sox have a lil better pitching and defense tho.... but with a good 5th starter like "Randy Johnson", the Yankees can match the Sox in the pitching department... im also really glad to finally see a Yankees fan who deosn't think that Derek Jeter should win the Gold Glove every year ;-D

anyways its gonna be pretty interesting this year and i'll see those damn Yankees in the damn ALCS

lol no i just meant another solid pitcher, not nessicarily a 5th starter. :-D
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:19 pm

thetongueofire wrote:
anyways its gonna be pretty interesting this year and i'll see those damn Yankees in the damn ALCS

yeah i sure as hell hope we get another yankees-redsox matchup in this year's alcs.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tool069c » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:22 pm

ajgdrummer7 wrote:in that case we can go ahead and say IF pedro ever hits 90 mph again, IF nomar ever forgives the redsox, IF johnny damon ever cuts his hair.. :-D. i think when you have a superstar such as a-rod who happens to be the best player in major league baseball and who could turn out to be one of the greatest players that ever played the game, you don't just write him off after 2 poor weeks. that's why i'm not saying IF. i never said conteras would pitch great i said he has the potential too. the IFs can apply to every team in baseball, not just the yanks.

Pedro does hit 90+ every time he pitches...93 i think he topped out at this year, nomar is an IF, but hanley ramirez is waiting in the wings if he leaves, and damon will not cut his hair...you right, every team does have "IF's"...but no team as "When's"...If we're gonna talk about whens, then...."When the tigers win the world series this year, I'll eat my hat"
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nsulham » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:33 pm

For all you Dreamland Yankee fans, this is from Rosenthal I think yesterday:

Attention, Yankees: Don't expect Arizona to shop LHP Randy Johnson if it falls out of contention in July. Johnson, 40, might consider waiving his no-trade clause, but the team's new investors, seeking to remain competitive, view him as a franchise linchpin. "Both sides are so tied together," says Barry Meister, one of Johnson's agents. "I would be surprised if anything like that happened." Johnson consistently threw 93-94 mph and hit 96 several times in his shutout of the Padres last Friday night. . . .

More than likely, RJ isn't going ANYWHERE
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thetongueofire » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:55 pm

ajgdrummer7 wrote: IF johnny damon ever cuts his hair..

just admit that you're jealous :-D

btw- so many Sox fans ganging up on one Yankee fan is almost unfair.. i mean... hes only a Yankees fan !+) :-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jumpman8288 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:25 pm

Do I need to step in here? :-D
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby afromangettindrunk » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:40 pm

Yankees :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-P :-P :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

at least im hoping :-D
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:36 pm

jumpman8288 wrote:Do I need to step in here? :-D

lol thanks jumpman
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:43 pm

Go Dodgers!

:-?
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:57 pm

tool069c wrote:Pedro does hit 90+ every time he pitches...93 i think he topped out at this year, nomar is an IF, but hanley ramirez is waiting in the wings if he leaves, and damon will not cut his hair...you right, every team does have "IF's"...but no team as "When's"...If we're gonna talk about whens, then...."When the tigers win the world series this year, I'll eat my hat"

Is he actually hitting 93, or is that just what they are showing on TV? There's often a huge difference between what they tell you and what it really is. In the playoffs last year I remember the announcers or on the radio them saying that his fastball was actually only in the 80s and it got to the point that they (the Boston people) on TV, bumped it up sometimes as much as 4 mph so as not to embarass Pedro. They specifically said this in reference to Pedro, not any other pitcher.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers