Sort of the line of a post I saw yesterday; yahoo made some outrageous predictions, I personally play my leagues through cbs sportsline and here are some of my personal favorite predictions --
2GS, 8.0in, 9K, 9B, 6.75 ERA
(seriously WTF is that, are they mocking the poor guy?)
0 GS, 0in, 0k, 0B, 0.00 ERA
(good call, way to watch the preseason pitching rotations)
And, on that same beef, there are about a hundred players ive never heard of that they predict 10-40 AB's for -- how the hell do you predict Jim Rushford (RF Tex) to get 39AB, 3H, and 3B? Where does this information come from? THese guys are so buried in the farm system theyd only come out of the team jet crashed into the AAA dugout during a game thus killing them all. What suprises me even more, is someone gets PAID to do this?
I too make can pull numbers out of my butt and waive them around and pretend to be brilliant.
And thus is born another 5am weekly tradition, the Jackalopes random ass predictions for the week.
I GUARENTEE THE FOLLOWING:
1) there will not be a no hitter this week
2) Rick Ankiel will not start
And now for the predictions.........
1) Carlos beltran will have a multi-homer game
2) John Thompson will win both of his starts and secure his spot as the braves ace (damn it rangers, why did you let him get away)
3) Carlos Delgado will break out of his funk
Stay tuned for next weeks startling predictions
(and an update on Ankiel)