Should I as Commish Let this trade go through?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Should I as Commish Let this trade go through?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby great gretzky » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:03 pm

I don't like it, but seriosuly, not that bad. I swear people see AROD and they go nuts. Then they think about what they both: would have paid to get him, or what they would demand for him if they had him.

Either case is irrelevant. As long as it isn't conclusive collusion, there is no reason. There is enough of a case to be made for it that it has to stand. Any reasonable case, even if it is one you don't agree with, is reason enough to let it go through.

At some point, if everything is going to be straight down the middle, why have trades at all?

A fool and his money are soon parted. "League Balance" is jsut a buzzword imo from people who rest on their laurels. This guy struck and got arod, good for him. Next time, be more active with ballpark offers... Leagues shouldn't be artifically balanced. In a perfect world they woudl be balanced naturally through sharp owners. But we all know that some people are wiser, more patient, better at valuing players, you name it. A league has to have heros and goats -- the real one does.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:28 pm

not to be redundant but, no veto here
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby prodpaul » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:25 am

Los Angeles Cubs wrote:i would let it go, looks normal

Ditto here.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

IS THIS LOPSIDED?

Postby KULCAT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:56 am

KEEPER LEAGUE/FANTASY POINTS WITH OLD SANDBOX SYSTEM

TEAM A GETS
BONDS AND HILLEBRAND

TEAM B GETS
BRIAN GILES AND MORGAN ENSBERG

Basically is a 2 for 1. Hillebrand was team B starting 3b. Team A already had Cintron at 3b.

People in the league are saying that this trade is too lopsided and they are actually called it collusion wich since the trade was done has been proved as false.

Personally i dont think is lopsided, especially because this is a keeper league and Ensberg, i believe, will start hitting and move up in the lineup making him a big upgrade over Hillebrand. What do you guys think?
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers