Chan Ho - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chan Ho

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chan Ho

Postby point06 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:29 pm

I didnt catch how his first two starts have gone this year.

Can anyone give me some info and tell me if hes worth picking up.

I really wanna drop Rocco Baldelli since he is doing little for my team sitting my bench.
point06
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Los Angeles Cubs » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:33 pm

No. Do not get him. There is no need for explanation.
Go Cubs!
Los Angeles Cubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:33 pm

don't drop rocco, i'm sure their is someone worse on your team then him. who are your other pitchers/hitters? i would wait on chan ho park, he has looked good but he still pitches in a hitters park and has had 2 awful seasons in a row.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby point06 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:37 pm

C J. Lopez
1B A. Pujols
2B M. Giles
3B M. Cabrera
SS E. Renteria
OF M. Ramirez
OF B. Giles
OF S. Green
Util C. Paterson
Bench J. Dye
Bench P. Konerko
Bench F. Thomas
Bench R. Badelli
Bench L.Walker

SP J Schmidt
SP K. Brown
SP G. Maddox
SP T. Glavine
SP J. Piniero
SP K. Ishii
SP B. Penny
RP R. Nen
RP J. Borowski
RP M. Herges
point06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby issyg67 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:55 pm

It amazes me that people with teams full of all-stars even considering picking up guys like Park. Why?

What you should really do is find a league - or create one - where you'll actually have to know the stats for every team's fourth outfielder and fifth pitcher and have them on your team. Then you could consider Park before coming to your senses and realizing he pitches half his games in Arlington and is a huge question.

What is the fun in having a 4-team MLB league?
issyg67
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bedard » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:02 pm

Park is a pretty good start in away games. But you already have a lot of SPs on your squad...I don't think you need him.
Bedard

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby thetongueofire » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:09 pm

why do people wanna forget the 6+ ERA nightmares his past two seasons have been?
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bedard » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:13 pm

Because he's a solid pitcher. No need to risk starting him in Texas though. The guy who initially made this post would be better off, for example, starting Park in away games and Ishii in home games than he would starting Greg Maddux at all. Dunno what his league's inning limit is like, but he would get more punch out of that platoon than he will out of Maddux and potentially some of the other pitchers on his list. Up to him to determine whether or not that is worth using up another roster spot.
Bedard

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby point06 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:52 am

issyg67 wrote:It amazes me that people with teams full of all-stars even considering picking up guys like Park. Why?

What you should really do is find a league - or create one - where you'll actually have to know the stats for every team's fourth outfielder and fifth pitcher and have them on your team. Then you could consider Park before coming to your senses and realizing he pitches half his games in Arlington and is a huge question.

Wow man, take it easy. I'm in a 10 team league with a bunch of friends of mine from HS. I know stats of players, and i realize Park is a risky player. I just dont like to let my team sit, it doesnt hurt to take some risks on your team.
point06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby intense » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:56 am

point06 wrote:
issyg67 wrote:It amazes me that people with teams full of all-stars even considering picking up guys like Park. Why?

Wow man, take it easy. I'm in a 10 team league with a bunch of friends of mine from HS. I know stats of players, and i realize Park is a risky player. I just dont like to let my team sit, it doesnt hurt to take some risks on your team.

Ya I agree, im in 12 man leagues, not everyone can find a 15 team league or whatever... hes just asking for some advice.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers