when hairtson comes back, will roberts still play? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

when hairtson comes back, will roberts still play?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

when hairtson comes back, will roberts still play?

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:05 pm

After his slump in the first series, Brian Roberts has played very well. Do you think he will have to sit once Hairston comes back?
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtarail » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:11 pm

if there is "official" word on this I have yet to hear it, but I'd be VERY surprised if Roberts plays at 2B once Hairston is healthy.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TreeRucker » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:29 pm

roberts is the better second baseman., but hairston is the better athlete., so look for hairston may even jump to some other posotions....... but odds are lefty righty matchups will matter alot...

peace

tree
TreeRucker

Friendliness: %

Postby Hyde » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:36 pm

TreeRucker wrote:roberts is the better second baseman., but hairston is the better athlete., so look for hairston may even jump to some other posotions....... but odds are lefty righty matchups will matter alot...

peace

tree

Hairston could move to the OF if they wanted to bench Bigbe. That could happen since Bigbe isn't anything special. As far as lefty-righty matchups mattering alot, I don't see why they would since Roberts is a switch hitter. What matters is how well Roberts plays until Hairston comes back. If he's playing well they will find a way to keep him in the lineup.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby colour wolf » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:41 pm

I hope that Roberts continues to play. He's gone 13/33 (.394) since starting the season 0/15. I actually just dropped Hairston after my team's DL got seriously overloaded (Mauer, LeCroy, Texiera, Berroa), so if Roberts gets benched...Bad times for me.
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:52 pm

colour wolf wrote:I hope that Roberts continues to play. He's gone 13/33 (.394) since starting the season 0/15. I actually just dropped Hairston after my team's DL got seriously overloaded (Mauer, LeCroy, Texiera, Berroa), so if Roberts gets benched...Bad times for me.

same here
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:08 am

you have 2 twins catchers on the DL? that seems a bit much, id pick one,probably mauer, and then get hairston back on the DL.....just my 2 cents
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:25 am

Hyde wrote:
TreeRucker wrote:roberts is the better second baseman., but hairston is the better athlete., so look for hairston may even jump to some other posotions....... but odds are lefty righty matchups will matter alot...

peace

tree

Hairston could move to the OF if they wanted to bench Bigbe. That could happen since Bigbe isn't anything special. As far as lefty-righty matchups mattering alot, I don't see why they would since Roberts is a switch hitter. What matters is how well Roberts plays until Hairston comes back. If he's playing well they will find a way to keep him in the lineup.

Hairston never played in OF in either majors or minors, so I don't see the Orioles making this move. Hairston was the starter going in to the season and I see no reason why the Orioles would change that decision based on a few weeks play. At best, Roberts is likely to platoon a little against tough righties, since he's a switch-hitter. More likely, he's traded before July.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers