when hairtson comes back, will roberts still play? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

when hairtson comes back, will roberts still play?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

when hairtson comes back, will roberts still play?

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:05 pm

After his slump in the first series, Brian Roberts has played very well. Do you think he will have to sit once Hairston comes back?
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 982
Joined: 13 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtarail » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:11 pm

if there is "official" word on this I have yet to hear it, but I'd be VERY surprised if Roberts plays at 2B once Hairston is healthy.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2433
Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the 3B line stands at TEP

Postby TreeRucker » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:29 pm

roberts is the better second baseman., but hairston is the better athlete., so look for hairston may even jump to some other posotions....... but odds are lefty righty matchups will matter alot...


peace

tree
TreeRucker


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Hyde » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:36 pm

TreeRucker wrote:roberts is the better second baseman., but hairston is the better athlete., so look for hairston may even jump to some other posotions....... but odds are lefty righty matchups will matter alot...


peace

tree


Hairston could move to the OF if they wanted to bench Bigbe. That could happen since Bigbe isn't anything special. As far as lefty-righty matchups mattering alot, I don't see why they would since Roberts is a switch hitter. What matters is how well Roberts plays until Hairston comes back. If he's playing well they will find a way to keep him in the lineup.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 408
Joined: 26 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Postby colour wolf » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:41 pm

I hope that Roberts continues to play. He's gone 13/33 (.394) since starting the season 0/15. I actually just dropped Hairston after my team's DL got seriously overloaded (Mauer, LeCroy, Texiera, Berroa), so if Roberts gets benched...Bad times for me.
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 259
Joined: 21 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tokyo

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:52 pm

colour wolf wrote:I hope that Roberts continues to play. He's gone 13/33 (.394) since starting the season 0/15. I actually just dropped Hairston after my team's DL got seriously overloaded (Mauer, LeCroy, Texiera, Berroa), so if Roberts gets benched...Bad times for me.


same here
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 982
Joined: 13 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rjforlife » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:08 am

you have 2 twins catchers on the DL? that seems a bit much, id pick one,probably mauer, and then get hairston back on the DL.....just my 2 cents
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 748)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:25 am

Hyde wrote:
TreeRucker wrote:roberts is the better second baseman., but hairston is the better athlete., so look for hairston may even jump to some other posotions....... but odds are lefty righty matchups will matter alot...


peace

tree


Hairston could move to the OF if they wanted to bench Bigbe. That could happen since Bigbe isn't anything special. As far as lefty-righty matchups mattering alot, I don't see why they would since Roberts is a switch hitter. What matters is how well Roberts plays until Hairston comes back. If he's playing well they will find a way to keep him in the lineup.



Hairston never played in OF in either majors or minors, so I don't see the Orioles making this move. Hairston was the starter going in to the season and I see no reason why the Orioles would change that decision based on a few weeks play. At best, Roberts is likely to platoon a little against tough righties, since he's a switch-hitter. More likely, he's traded before July.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, kab21, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact