Dynasty league strategy help--Steals - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dynasty league strategy help--Steals

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty league strategy help--Steals

Postby JamesBond007 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:32 pm

i'm in a 20 team dynasty league with 25 players per team, so the talent is pretty well spread out. After a recent trade , i now have Jeter,Baldelli,Jimenez (as well as Weeks and Rios on the horizon) who should all be assets in the SB category. MY question is this: I also have Alex Sanchez. I know he's really only a 1-cat player but even if he drops back to only the 35-40 steal level, he's still very valuable in a league of this size. Do you think the other players i mentioned earlier are enough to remain near the top in steals and therefore allow me to try to deal Sanchez to a team in need of steals for something more useful to me? my main weakness is saves . any closers out there that i could get for Sanchez that would be worth going after?
-----J
JamesBond007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikcou » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:55 pm

I dont know if anyone will give up a good enough closer to make it worth it :,-(
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JamesBond007 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:03 pm

mikcou, you're probably right. i was thinking of maybe targeting one of the top closers-in-waiting like Lidge or Valverde. Like i said, i know Sanchez is one-dimensional but by keeping him along with those other players i mentioned, i should have the SB cat locked up, which is worth 20 points in this league, so i really have no need to just give Sanchez away. I'm hoping to hang onto Sanchez until the 2nd half and hope that 1 of the teams in the hunt for the title will have a need for speed. maybe i can get a better deal for him by doing that.

However, my main question was whether or not Jeter/Baldelli/Jimenez(Weeks and Rios) were enough to keep me competitive in the SB cat. Thanks for the reply tho. ;-D
-----J
JamesBond007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thetongueofire » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:49 pm

i really would look to trade for a more established closer for Jeter as i think he really won't steal too with the biggest 3-4-5 punch hitting behind him... the other guys that you have should be good enough for the SB title in a regular 20-team league... but again that depends on how badly you need a closer and Jeter's high BA and R
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers