Anyone remember the last time.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone remember the last time....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Spartans Rule » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:59 pm

Shawn Green got off to a terrible start in 2002, hitting .235 with 3 HR in April. It seemed like in all my leagues people were benching him, waiving him, or trading him for peanuts. I quietly scooped him up and sure enough, over the next 2 months he hit 22 homeruns en route to a monster year.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colour wolf » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:47 pm

Spartans Rule wrote:Shawn Green got off to a terrible start in 2002, hitting .235 with 3 HR in April. It seemed like in all my leagues people were benching him, waiving him, or trading him for peanuts. I quietly scooped him up and sure enough, over the next 2 months he hit 22 homeruns en route to a monster year.

Good one. And one that's not even that long ago. Thome hit .227 with 4HR and .423SLG last April. He turned out alright.
colour wolf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thetongueofire » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:56 pm

he'll obviously bounce back... just don;t expect the kind of numbers that he had in the past IMO... hes been slightly deteriorating as a hitter IMO in the past few years... no im not freakin kidding... his OBP and OPS have been going down year after year since 2000... but this is not that important cos they haven't gone down by too much... but surprises me is how hes done outside of Texas for the past few years... a three-year road BA of .278 is pretty bad for the best player in the AL... he also hasn't done too good at Yankee Stadium (three-year BA of .241 but hes only had 54 ABs during those three years)... so of course moving from Texas to Yankee Stadium won't help him but the stacked Yankee linup should help him out... but again when a linup is too stacked, theres another side to it- players numbers tend to be a little dilluted...

i guess we'll have to watch out but i def think that 50 HRs and/or 140 RBIs are def out of reach for this season and he also won't do as well as hes done in a few years in TEX for the future...

PS- please dont think im saying this just cos im a Red Sox fan, i have numbers to back it up...
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Re: A-Rod

Postby jayman » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:27 pm

recmccl wrote:Chill on A-Rod people. They just talked about A-Rod during the Tex/Sea game today how he started 8-41 last year and won the MVP. He's 7-41 right now. He'll get going soon, no worries. Him and Giles. ;-D

In his first 41 at bats last year AROD was 13-41 with 5 hr and 9 rbi.

You had to remind of Giles :~(

It's not so bad that Giles is doing bad since he was a late round pick. But, the #1 pick overall? I look towards tomorrow everyday and am waiting for that 5-5 AROD performance ;-D
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers