Contreras Sucks!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Contreras Sucks!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jebatzel » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:02 pm

why did they take him out so early?

I am happy he didn't get the win now since I didn't start him.
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:04 pm

idk thehat....if contreras sucks then your boy lowe must be freakin horrible. contreras looked like crap thats true but he only gave up 1 ER while lowe gave up 7. he didnt have many oppurtunities last year against the bosox either so that could have helped kill his ERA.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:06 pm

WHAT?! DAMMIT!!! I needed three wins to tie the W category for H2H today...I looked at the Yankees' score and thought I got three (Lee, Contreras, Weaver winning now). GOD!
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Green Monstah » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:10 pm

if they kept Jose in the game, their lead would have been gone. He looked as bad as Lowe did. If anything, this shows that you should never start a pitcher on your team when he hasn't pitched in more than 8 days. :-[
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby FF Newb but Lovin it » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:39 pm

Exactly......and I am not hating him only cause he was a Yankee.....but Lowe lead the Sox in wins last year...and all I heard on sports Radio was how he was going to be lit up today cause he is not a pitcher that can come off a long layover and pitch. I would have told anyone in here that, but I also new if I started Contreras I could kiss my 1.93 ERA and 1.03 WHIP for the week goodddddbye. So dont all freak out. If he was a Mariner or any other player...and in my eyes had yet to fully prove himself as a starter.....and it looked like he would be riding the pine on my team for another month or so...I would have the same erge to dump him. There are a lot of good pitchers available on the waiver wire....I would rather have someone that will help me all year rather then only the warm months.
FF Newb but Lovin it
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:46 pm

I just dumped him to jump on the Matt Riley bandwagon. :-b

The deciding factor was when Torre pulled him early. If Joe Torre doesn't have any confidence in him, why should I?

I know it could be a mistake, but with the way he's pitched the last couple games, I figure he'll still be available to pick back up if Riley tanks.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newb but Lovin it » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:59 pm

My point exactly....If Riley tanks it the next couple of starts....then you can snag contreras back up.....he should still be "cold" as everyone says he will. I just do not like having people that I cannot put into my line up and help my team....when I need to.

He needs to be better....he is there number four starter....and they do not have a number 5. Georgeee will be happy with the win...but must be getting more impatient than any of us with his lack of production. He won't put up with the Bull Pin saving his but everytime.
FF Newb but Lovin it
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers