Chipper Jones leaves game with leg injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chipper Jones leaves game with leg injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chipper Jones leaves game with leg injury

Postby WebHamster » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:00 pm

Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Atlanta Braves outfielder Chipper Jones left Sunday's game against Florida with a right leg injury.

Jones was injured in the sixth inning when he tried to chase down Luis Castillo's line drive. However, the outfielder collided with the wall in left field and remained on the ground for several minutes.

He was eventually carted off the field.

Chipper Jones, who went 0-for-2 in the contest, was replaced by Dewayne Wise

The 31-year-old Jones, a former National League MVP and one of the elite outfielders in baseball, came into the game batting .333 with three homers and six RBI.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 731)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:44 pm

Oh, no. Just what the Braves need. :-[ :~(
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Rkiivs » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:36 am

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting pretty frustrated with all the hamstring injuries this season. Don't these guys run in Spring training anymore? They have millions of dollars invested in them by the clubs and they should accept responsibility to keeping themselves above and beyond fit during the off season, Spring training and be prepared to play the full season. I realize some are going to be injured but this is somewhat preventable by good physical preparedness. On the fantasy side, it's only the beginning of the season and these knuckleheads are killing my lineups. WW should stand for 'walking wounded' instead of 'waiver wire'. It's making this season very challenging to say the least.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby Chip » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:52 pm

Published on: 4/19/04

Although his right hamstring is slightly torn, Chipper Jones will not immediately be put on the disabled list by the Braves.

General manager John Schuerholz said Monday that the team will wait five or six days in hopes that Jones will be able to play by next week.

Jones, who was hurt Sunday, said his leg felt much better Monday and that he was hopeful that won't eventually have to go on the DL.

The Braves open a 12-game road trip Tuesday in Cincinnati. -- Guy Curtright

somewhat uplifting news...
Chip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MicrowavedWater » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:46 pm

The Braves will reassess outfielder Chipper Jones' right hamstring injury on Monday, but the word is that Jones may be headed for the 15-day disabled list. "It's a possibility," head trainer Jeff Porter told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The hamstring bothered Jones coming into the season, and he tweaked the injury last Sunday, April 11. After missing a couple games, Jones returned to action on Thursday. However, Chipper appeared to more seriously aggravate the injury while flagging down a fly ball on Sunday.

Updating a previous item, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting Atlanta Braves OF Chipper Jones (hamstring) is likely headed for the 15-day disabled list after suffering a hamstring injury during Sunday's Florida Marlins game. The decision will not be made until later in the week, but team officials said he would miss Tuesday's game.

sucks for the braves... which i am a hard core fan of, but good for my fantasy league since I am facing a team whose batting is based arround chipper...
MicrowavedWater Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Injuries & Player Updates