Beckett, Josh FLA P Active
Sabathia, C.C. CLE P Active
Pierzynski, A.J. MIN C Reserve
Zeile, Todd COL 3B Reserve
Drew, J.D. STL U Reserve
Wickman, Bob CLE P Reserve
Hernandez, Orlando NYY P Reserve
Hernandez, Carlos E. HOU P Reserve

Saves get us ten points, same as a wind, and there are basically no negative points. Since it's head to head, no individual category matters, just total points. So closers are pretty valuable.

To clue you in on how valuable closers are, closers make up 5 of the top ten scoring pitchers. I happen to have two of the top five, but Wickman is a pretty nice backup.

I'm pretty psyched about my team. I have scored the most points so far, but some individually bad luck weeks leave me in second right now. I feel I have a real good chance of winning with my current roster, barring injuries, etc., but I would really love to have one more solid outfielder. Drew and Cameron have been really bothering me, and Walker is always risky.

I'm thinking of trading Cameron and a closer for Bobby Abreu. Do you think I need another outfielder? If I traded Nenn and Cameron would that be too much of a drop, going to Wickman? If so, do you think Wickman and Cameron is a fair offer?

Part of me says, "Hold tight", but if I had another top 10 outfielder with my current roster, I could move Klesko to first, and enjoy Dunn, Walker, Abreu, and Cameron or Drew as utility. Awesome lineup, but will it be giving up too much?

Thanks for the help!
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

hm

Postby cwebb » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:09 am

That's quite difficult, I wouldn't give up Nen, if you don't use Wickman, you should find a taker in your league, and I don't think Abreu wouldn't be available!

Your lineup is awesome but 1B could use an upgrade too, so your thoughts are good.

In head2head leagues you're bound to lose a few games, just like in real baseball! Don't worry too much and don't pull the trigger on trades too fast!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:37 am

Nice team! I like your thinking, but I agree with cwebb (sorry about the Kings, amigo) that Nen and Cameron is too high a price. I'd actually try Wickman plus Cameron for Abreu plus a lesser closer first, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, Wickman and Cameron for Abreu should be fine, but finding another closer as backup thereafter would be a good idea.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby timkell » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:47 pm

Thanks for the tips, guys. Actually, I just picked up McGriff off waivers. He's been heating up. Of course, I'd drop him in a sec if I could get another outfielder and put Klesko at first, but if he keeps hitting like he has for the past month, I'll be in good shape anyway.

I'm going to put feelers out for Wickman and Drew for Abreu. We'll see what happens. Cameron is getting insulted by others in my league. He's so streaky, and right now he is cold as ice.

I may pull the trigger, but I'll only do it for Wickman. I'll keep Nenn and Gagne.

Thanks!
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

money

Postby cwebb » Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:49 pm

That's our job here, you pay big money for it... uhm, well, you don't pay anything! Except attention to our opinions which feels great!

It doesn't feel that useless anymore to spend all those hours on researching fantasy baseball stuff!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby timkell » Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:23 pm

Looks like I picked up McGriff at the right time!!!! Two home runs today! I love when I can foll myself, if only temporarily, into thinking I'm a genius.

:-B
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers