Loaiza or Nomo - Which to pick up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Loaiza or Nomo - Which to pick up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby whitesox04champs » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:01 am

Madison wrote:Nomo easily. :-)

Madison has been dissing loaiza all offseason and would like for loaiza to win the cy young or something so madison takes a lot of heat...........

Sorry Mad but it seems like half your posts are talking about how much loaiza sucks.........
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:06 am

whitesox04champs wrote:Sorry Mad but it seems like half your posts are talking about how much loaiza sucks.........
Half? that's quite alot of Loiza bashing - LOL. I doubt there is over 10,000 anti Loiza posts total, let alone from just Madison.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby whitesox04champs » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:13 am

Andy1234 wrote:
whitesox04champs wrote:Sorry Mad but it seems like half your posts are talking about how much loaiza sucks.........
Half? that's quite alot of Loiza bashing - LOL. I doubt there is over 10,000 anti Loiza posts total, let alone from just Madison.

No, thats not what i mean

When people mad predictions, almost half of his predictions during the offseason involved his hatred toward loaiza and i would just love esteban to stab him in the back..........
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:21 am

whitesox04champs wrote:When people mad predictions, almost half of his predictions during the offseason involved his hatred toward loaiza and i would just love esteban to stab him in the back..........

Hey bud, obviously you haven't read those threads or you would know that my opinions on Loaiza's season has absolutely nothing to do with "hate". It's simple numbers. If you disagree with my opinions that's fine, but do not go putting words into my mouth or try and stir anything up by using words that I have not and did not use.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby whitesox04champs » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:23 am

Madison wrote:
whitesox04champs wrote:When people mad predictions, almost half of his predictions during the offseason involved his hatred toward loaiza and i would just love esteban to stab him in the back..........

Hey bud, obviously you haven't read those threads or you would know that my opinions on Loaiza's season has absolutely nothing to do with "hate". It's simple numbers. If you disagree with my opinions that's fine, but do not go putting words into my mouth or try and stir anything up by using words that I have not and did not use.

I apologize, when i said hate i meant, thought he wouldnt do well, sorry if i offended the great madison...........
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:44 am

whitesox04champs wrote:I apologize, when i said hate i meant, thought he wouldnt do well, sorry if i offended the great madison...........

The "great" Madison? :-?

Now I don't know if you are being honest or sarcastic. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are being honest and reply as to why I was so vocal about Loaiza, since you are still fairly new here.

Quite a few people were gearing up for this season and pegging Loaiza as their #1 starter and wondering which round would make a good pick for him. All I did was show why he most certainly was not a #1 starter for any fantasy team and possibly not even worth a roster spot depending on your staff. I gave solid background as to why he would not live up to expectations this year and even went so far as to say he would have his best season ever not including last year. Unfortunately 4+ era and 12 wins would be Loaiza's best season ever if last year isn't included, but it does not help many fantasy teams.

Yes, if my prediction turns out incorrect, then I've got quite a bit of crow to eat. If it turns out correct though, then I managed to help quite a few fantasy players out there. That's a price worth paying in my opinion. There were much bolder predictions out there than me saying that Loaiza would have a good season compared to his past, but not good enough for most fantasy teams.

There were several posts about it due to quite a few people disagreeing with me, and that's quite ok. I had several good discussions about Loaiza with many members and guests alike. It was a hot topic this offseason and I had done a lot of research. Extra starting pitching options is a good thing right? I read quite a bit about him simply to know if he was now "the real deal" or not.

Unfortunately nowadays, the word "hate" is heavily overused. Anyone who doesn't think a player is all that great is labeled a "hater". Sad, sad day when that word is just tossed around like it means nothing.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LetsGoMets » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:25 am

ummmmmmmmm nomo looks awful this year. looks like he lost his stuff. Loiaza is 2-0 and will be 3-0 tomorrow. easy choice
I miss The Straw That Stirred New York City... Darryl Strawberry... The Greatest Met Ever!!!
LetsGoMets
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Steve » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:26 am

LetsGoMets wrote:ummmmmmmmm nomo looks awful this year. looks like he lost his stuff. Loiaza is 2-0 and will be 3-0 tomorrow. easy choice

Ummmmmmmmm... Loaiza has an era of 6, a whip of 1.50, and a whole 3 k's in 12 innings with twice as many walks.

Easy choice? Really don't want either right now, but Nomo for the long run.
Steve

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby LetsGoMets » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:58 pm

Steve wrote:
LetsGoMets wrote:ummmmmmmmm nomo looks awful this year. looks like he lost his stuff. Loiaza is 2-0 and will be 3-0 tomorrow. easy choice

Ummmmmmmmm... Loaiza has an era of 6, a whip of 1.50, and a whole 3 k's in 12 innings with twice as many walks.

Easy choice? Really don't want either right now, but Nomo for the long run.

ummmmmmmmmmm... my selection sounds pretty good now huh, 2 hitter cg shutout, 5 k's ;-D
I miss The Straw That Stirred New York City... Darryl Strawberry... The Greatest Met Ever!!!
LetsGoMets
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby LetsGoMets » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:40 pm

no response ha ha
LetsGoMets
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers