Bonds just did something nobody else has EVER done! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds just did something nobody else has EVER done!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikcou » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:54 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:
HowlingMadDirtDogs wrote:
I promise that nobody has ever pulled a pitch over 100 mph more than 10 feet foul.

Saw Julio Franco pull a several 100mph fastballs, deep and foul in the same at bat just a few days ago.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but did he hit them 50 FEET FOUL, AND ABOUT 450 LONG? I dont think so.

Most guys in the majors have a quick enough bat to pull a 100+ fastball if thats all the pitchers got. For the 450 feet when you hit something that fast its going to go a ways...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:16 am

KULCAT wrote:hey jackal what was the Bob Sura deal? I never quite got the news here in Madrid, i just read articles about what some other players thought about it and the he was selfish bla bla bla. What happened?

sura had the chance for his third straight triple double and the hawks were up big. With 3 seconds in the game, he intentionally missed his own shot and got the rebound in order to give him 10 rebounds, giving him the triple double. The NBA took it away later, saying he missed the shot intentionally and didnt count the rebound. So he is pretty selfish.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:54 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
KULCAT wrote:hey jackal what was the Bob Sura deal? I never quite got the news here in Madrid, i just read articles about what some other players thought about it and the he was selfish bla bla bla. What happened?

sura had the chance for his third straight triple double and the hawks were up big. With 3 seconds in the game, he intentionally missed his own shot and got the rebound in order to give him 10 rebounds, giving him the triple double. The NBA took it away later, saying he missed the shot intentionally and didnt count the rebound. So he is pretty selfish.

Not as bad as Ricky Davis. :-b
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:00 am

Dude86 wrote:Are you guys actually excited about a foul ball? I don't care how fast it was or where it was located a foul ball is a foul ball. After he hit it did they have an on field ceremony in praise of Barry? I really can't believe anyone here would actually make a post about a freakin foul ball. :-t

i agree completely. The Barry Bonds hype is too much. I mean come on, it was a foul ball!!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers