Hate to see Peavy not get the win. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hate to see Peavy not get the win.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

That is so weird

Postby Playoffbound » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:57 pm

Why would you pinch hit Eaton a career .192 hitter when Klesko is on the bench? I mean Klesko is hitting .375 against lefties this year. I think it is mircomanaging moves like this that make me scratch my head. :-?

I don't think it will but I hope this pinch hit doesn't affect his status as the probable starter on Sunday.
Playoffbound
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: That is so weird

Postby slomo007 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:06 am

Playoffbound wrote:Why would you pinch hit Eaton a career .192 hitter when Klesko is on the bench? I mean Klesko is hitting .375 against lefties this year. I think it is mircomanaging moves like this that make me scratch my head. :-?

I don't think it will but I hope this pinch hit doesn't affect his status as the probable starter on Sunday.

It won't affect his status for Sunday. And by the way, Klesko's lifetime avg against lefties is .234. :-P Smarter to save him in case they needed him vs. a righty (ie Mantei) at the end of the game in a pressure situation.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby thedon » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:15 am

Peavy didn't have his control 2nite. Pretty lucky he got pulled when he did. It could of been a lot worse.

Peavy made the best of a bad outing -- like Carlos Zambrano did yesterday.
thedon

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Spartans Rule » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:47 am

Actually very encouraged by Peavy's performance - every pitcher has off days, but if you can control the damage you'll do well on the season.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: ..

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:36 am

thedon wrote:Peavy didn't have his control 2nite. Pretty lucky he got pulled when he did. It could of been a lot worse.

Peavy made the best of a bad outing -- like Carlos Zambrano did yesterday.

Wasn't luck. His pitch count was at 105. I'll take his and RJ's numbers combined though. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thehat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:55 am

This was a tremendous effort by Peavy. Woke up at 2:30 this afternoon praying to porcelain god. Flu bug has been running thru the Friars, and Peavy caught his today. Gutted out five IP and if you saw him, he definitely had that sick look to him. Major props to Peavy for doing this well under the adverse circumstances.

This kid is going to have a helluva year, I suspect.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers