Brian Giles - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian Giles

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Hyde » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:08 am

Zito is God wrote:I am REALLY worried about Giles. He is one of my 4 favorite outfields (Griffey, Ichiro, Klesko) and I made an amazing trade to get him during pre season (Finley and Durazo for Giles in public league) and was very happy but it seems his little below-.150-average ain't doing it. I am starting to get really worried.

Bench him so he starts hitting. I would bench him because I have him on my team, but I want you to bench him so he'll start hitting.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:09 am

Zito is God wrote:I am REALLY worried about Giles. He is one of my 4 favorite outfields (Griffey, Ichiro, Klesko) and I made an amazing trade to get him during pre season (Finley and Durazo for Giles in public league) and was very happy but it seems his little below-.150-average ain't doing it. I am starting to get really worried.

I don't think this is his year, or any year from here on out for that matter...I'm watching the game however and thought I'd pass this along. Randy Johnson doubled off the deep right field wall, and Giles ran full speed smack into it, didn't make the catch, but sure looked like he was asking to be injured. He seems fine, but man it looked bad. I'm not trying to scare anyone, b/c he's not hurt from what I can tell, but that really wasn't smart.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jumpman8288 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:24 am

Terrible slumps can happen to anyone, but just b/c Giles is having one at the beginning of the season doesn't mean much. Look at Soriano last year, he would go through stretches where he could carry your team, and then drop off into slumps that would drag it all down, only to bounce back up into a monster. Don't worry...Giles will soon blow up.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kcs261 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:38 am

Giles will be fine. Even if Petco saps some of his power, you'll still get a .300 average with at least 20 HRs and 100 RBIs. People do need to chill out. Juan Gone and Raffy Palmeiro exploded for me tonight and were doing nothing before. So try and be patient. Giles is to good a player.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mtarail » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:13 pm

slomo007 wrote:

I don't think this is his year, or any year from here on out for that matter...I'm watching the game however and thought I'd pass this along. Randy Johnson doubled off the deep right field wall, and Giles ran full speed smack into it, didn't make the catch, but sure looked like he was asking to be injured. He seems fine, but man it looked bad. I'm not trying to scare anyone, b/c he's not hurt from what I can tell, but that really wasn't smart.

It's no secret that Giles plays the game hard. But his only major injury in recent memory occurred last year. If anything, I'm happy to hear that he's running that hard. It means the knee injury doesn't concern him--hopefully he'll start stealing some bases. ;-D

I would have to disagree with the guy that's "hoping" for 300/20/100 from Giles. If Giles gets those kind of #'s that puts him in a league of pretty mediocre fantasy guys like Ibanez and Finley. Before the season started just about everyone had Giles rated WAY above those guys.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tddf30 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:05 am

He will do fine, though he may not hit a ton of HR's in a 400 ft, round park, he will get a ton of RBI's
tddf30
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers