Danny Graves and yahoo stat-keeping - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Danny Graves and yahoo stat-keeping

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Danny Graves and yahoo stat-keeping

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:25 pm

I noticed that there's an INF besides the guy who pitched graves in his yahoo statline today, and his stats don't show up on yahoo's stat-tracker too. Does anyone here know if you get a "get out jail free" if your pitcher doesn't record an out before (or during the time that) he gets shelled?
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Danny Graves and yahoo stat-keeping

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:28 pm

mtarail wrote:I noticed that there's an INF besides the guy who pitched graves in his yahoo statline today, and his stats don't show up on yahoo's stat-tracker too. Does anyone here know if you get a "get out jail free" if your pitcher doesn't record an out before (or during the time that) he gets shelled?

'inf'= infinite. it is the worst whip or era you can have. runs scored no outs recorded. the runs get factored into the team era and the hits into the team whip... I don't quite see what you are confused about.
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Andy1234 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:30 pm

It just get averaged into the other stats, so no free pass, those runs and hits count against you.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Hyde » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:31 pm

Yes he gets a get of jail free card, baseball and monopoly are very similar games.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:32 pm

Hyde wrote:Yes he gets a get of jail free card, baseball and monopoly are very similar games.

lol. do not pass home, do not collect a run, go straight to the clubhouse. you're outttaaaa heeeere!
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:36 pm

I'm still confused about how you factor an infinite amount into a teams pitching stats. :-?
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:41 pm

mtarail wrote:I'm still confused about how you factor an infinite amount into a teams pitching stats. :-?

ok.
here's how things work, stat-wise.

say your staff has an era of 4.5 (not great, but easy to work with mathematically) and this comes from your pitchers having pitched 50 innings and giving up 25 runs.

now graves comes in and gives up 2 runs in no innings, therefore your staff has still pitched 50 innings but you have now given up 27 runs.

his era for the day is 9*2/0 = infinite
your era for your staff is 9*27/50 = 4.86

hope this helps
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 10 - 10 Furlough » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:41 pm

mtarail wrote:I'm still confused about how you factor an infinite amount into a teams pitching stats. :-?

The runs & hits he let up get added to his TEAMS existing total for ERA & WHIP. Whatever he had for innings pitched before the outing doesn't change because he didn't record an out.

If you knew what his ERA & WHIP were before his implosion you'd be able to see the difference.
10 - 10 Furlough
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:42 pm

Now I got it. Thx. ;-D
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BabyBoomer » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:43 pm

I have a 2.8 era and a whip of .8. Will my era be 4.8 after this?

Is there anyway i can minimize the damage?
Last edited by BabyBoomer on Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw you guys, I'm going going home!
BabyBoomer
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers