THE CURSE?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

THE CURSE?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do You Believe in the Curse of the Red Sox?

I Do.
54%
Its a load of Crap!
46%

Total votes : 46

Postby DaQ » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:21 pm

I am a Mets fan and the Red Sox are cursed.

One time Bill Buckner tried to attempt suicide after the 1986 World Series. He went on the train tracks and stood in frot of an incoming train. He survived-because the TRAIN WENT THROUGH HIS LEGS!! hahahaha - good stuff.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:15 pm

I like to believe in the curse. It certainly makes the meltdowns more entertaining :-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:21 pm

LCBOY wrote:
ajgdrummer7 wrote:Nobody talks about the White Sox, Indians or Giants because there is no story behind them. They just have sucked for many years. The Red Sox on the other hand have had great great teams and just freaky crap happens to them time and time again. I buy the Redsox curse much more than the Cubs. The Cubs really just have had horrible teams but haven't had meltdowns like Boston.

How many great Red Sox teams have there been since 1918? Since 1918, they have won exactly 4 AL pennants.

That's not exactly a ton of pennant winners. Since 1954 the Giants have won three pennants

And that doesn't include two 100 win teams (1993 and 2003). The Red Sox story is not a story at all. It's only a story to the Red Sox nation in the Northeast...

i didn't say they won alot of pennants, i said they have had great teams. they didn't win the pennant in '78 but freaky crap happened none the less. and the cubs have had meltdowns dont get me wrong....but nothing like the redsox. it happens to them OVER AND OVER. plus the cubs have had alot of horrible teams also while the redsox always seem to be contenders and then fail in some ridiculous way.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dude34 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:09 pm

the reason the RED SOX haven't won in over 80 years is becasue they passed on Willie Mays and Jackie Robinson both of whom wanted to sign with the Red Sox. they then missed out on the Stream of great Black Players coming out of the Negro Leagues in the 1950's.
Dude34

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers