Sox Yankees at it again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sox Yankees at it again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jeffc_76 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:35 pm

I give credit to the Red Sox fans for being some of the best fans in sports and definitely the most loyal. That said, the ridiculous over-celebration over minor regular season victories and incessant "Yankees suck" chants when I've been to Fenway, are ridiculous. If the Yankees suck, having completely dominated this rivalry, then I don't know what the Sox do but it certainly is something far worse than sucking. There is something to be said for knowing your place and by last count, they need 21 championships to even the score.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jeffc_76 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:38 pm

redsox588 wrote:the Sox bullpen is better the the Yankees....just look at the people...Timlin, Williamson, Embree, and Foulke....the Yankees have Gordon, Quantrill, Rivera....Gordan and Quantrill havent looked great and its a toss up right now between Foulke and Rivera...the sox bullpen broke down last night becasue they had to throw the trashy Bronson Arroyo, innings 1-9 they're as good as anyone

We also have Torre. You have a relative unknown.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BostonBK7 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:41 pm

jeffc_76 wrote:I give credit to the Red Sox fans for being some of the best fans in sports and definitely the most loyal. That said, the ridiculous over-celebration over minor regular season victories and incessant "Yankees suck" chants when I've been to Fenway, are ridiculous. If the Yankees suck, having completely dominated this rivalry, then I don't know what the Sox do but it certainly is something far worse than sucking. There is something to be said for knowing your place and by last count, they need 21 championships to even the score.

Its not that we chant because we actually think they suck...its just a way of showing our hatred for the Yankees team. Maybe you won't ever understand it, I've been brought up to hate the Yankees and I know I can't wait until I go to Fenway this year and tell Jeter that he sucks.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby redsox588 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:41 pm

Everyone has to start off as an unknown....Torre did and now Francona has to, I'm not saying hes as good as Torre, because Torre is the more proven manager, but theres no telling 5-10 years from now who will be more successful
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jeffc_76 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:46 pm

BostonBK7 wrote: Its not that we chant because we actually think they suck...its just a way of showing our hatred for the Yankees team. Maybe you won't ever understand it, I've been brought up to hate the Yankees and I know I can't wait until I go to Fenway this year and tell Jeter that he sucks.

hehe, good answer. I hate the Red Sox too. Should be a fun series this weekend.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ssuciu » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:49 pm

No insults, please. -A
ssuciu
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jeffc_76 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:15 pm

redsox588 wrote:Everyone has to start off as an unknown....Torre did and now Francona has to, I'm not saying hes as good as Torre, because Torre is the more proven manager, but theres no telling 5-10 years from now who will be more successful

True, was just saying that if you had to give an edge today, it would go to the proven commodity. The teams look really evenly matched this year. I honestly thought that on paper the Red Sox had the better players before the A-Rod trade. Before that went down, I figured our best chance was being luckier with injuries and Torre being a better manager. Afterwards, I now think we're a little better. Injuries will still play a huge factor as well as which players over/under-achieve this year.
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:18 pm

ssuciu wrote:Hey matmat ...

lol. I'm glad they teach you to insult people in boozetown. I don't recall calling you any names, but obviously you're just itching to show off how adept you are at insulting others. I was just making fun of the boozetown accent, I guess you took it personally. sorry.
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BostonBK7 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:57 pm

matmat wrote:
ssuciu wrote:Hey matmat ...

lol. I'm glad they teach you to insult people in boozetown. I don't recall calling you any names, but obviously you're just itching to show off how adept you are at insulting others. I was just making fun of the boozetown accent, I guess you took it personally. sorry.

I don't mean to start something with you but how'd you come up w/ boozetown?
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:04 pm

BostonBK7 wrote:
I don't mean to start something with you but how'd you come up w/ boozetown?

well... someone said something about booing a lot, no? :-°
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers