Sox Yankees at it again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sox Yankees at it again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:29 pm

slomo007 wrote:
ssuciu wrote:Who really cares, can we just enjoy the games. Arguments concerning the Red Sox and Yankees are like preaching about pro choice in the vatican.... useless and a waste of time!!

Naturally, someone from Boston would be the one who makes this post.... :*)

now now don't insult the pious people and the exemplary priests of Boston
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:30 pm

Haha, I was actually just insulting the Red Sox, but interpret how you want.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby ssuciu » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:30 pm

Did I affend you slomo because I wanted to simply enjoy the game and not get caught in all of the bickering. Sounds like you're not such an innocent bystander after all!!
ssuciu
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby redsox588 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:31 pm

Brown will break down...Mussina is inconsistent....Lieber hasnt pitched in over a year and is coming back form surgery....Vazquez looked great but its one start...Contreras has great stuff but is effective, and your all talking about how off Pedro is he didnt pitch that poorly against the Orioles, dominated the Jays, and struggled against the Orioles yesterday, He'll be back one bad start doesn't mean you'll be terrible the rest of the year, if that was the case Mussina would be in AAA right now
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:32 pm

ssuciu wrote:Did I affend you slomo because I wanted to simply enjoy the game and not get caught in all of the bickering. Sounds like you're not such an innocent bystander after all!!

I have just as many Yankees insults as I do Red Sox...trust me, I hope they tie for last place in their division. Go Devil Rays!
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:32 pm

ssuciu wrote:Did I affend you slomo because I wanted to simply enjoy the game and not get caught in all of the bickering. Sounds like you're not such an innocent bystander after all!!

'offend' not 'affend' .. ooops... sorry... i guess you type like you speak.

anyway. the whole thread is stupid. you've got pedro, schilling and lowe, the yanks have moose, brown and vazquez. it'll probably come down to the bullpens -- I like the yankees chances better unless the sox make some moves.
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ssuciu » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:33 pm

Good Slomo, now run along and go listen to creed and start another post about when Griffey will get hurt again.
ssuciu
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:34 pm

ssuciu wrote:Good Slomo, now run along and go listen to creed and start another post about when Griffey will get hurt again.

Hehe, reeeeeal mature....I see school must have gotten out already.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby redsox588 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:35 pm

the Sox bullpen is better the the Yankees....just look at the people...Timlin, Williamson, Embree, and Foulke....the Yankees have Gordon, Quantrill, Rivera....Gordan and Quantrill havent looked great and its a toss up right now between Foulke and Rivera...the sox bullpen broke down last night becasue they had to throw the trashy Bronson Arroyo, innings 1-9 they're as good as anyone
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Postby matmat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:35 pm

redsox588 wrote:Brown will break down...Mussina is inconsistent....Lieber hasnt pitched in over a year and is coming back form surgery....Vazquez looked great but its one start...Contreras has great stuff but is effective, and your all talking about how off Pedro is he didnt pitch that poorly against the Orioles, dominated the Jays, and struggled against the Orioles yesterday, He'll be back one bad start doesn't mean you'll be terrible the rest of the year, if that was the case Mussina would be in AAA right now

you're seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. Pedro is topping out at 87 and his off-speed is at around 80. that is not a big enough difference to fool batters. His stuff just simply doesn't look as good as it used to. the curve isn't snapping as much and the fastball doesn't have the pop. face it -- he will not pitch the whole season -- he might pull off what he did a couple of years ago, which is take an extended vacation during the season and come back for the playoffs... at least I think he did that a few years back...
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers