is clement for real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

is clement for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is clement for real?

Postby it's been a while » Thu May 30, 2002 10:45 pm

I just picked up him up off waivers. My plan is to move Halladay to another team for a quality shortstop (i.e. Tejada on a team who already has Alex R.) However, I'm very high on Halladay who has been superbly so far. Is his luck run out? And if it is, does Clement have any luck? He's looked good in his last two starts, but the Cubs aren't all that convincing.

Also. my rotation is:
Buerhle
Mussina
Rueter
Halladay
Beckett (what was that last start all about?...I guess it's the Reds, that's ok)
Moyer
Clement

Who should I move? And what would that pitcher's worth be? I really want to move Moyer, but I can't see anybody who would be eager to take him.

Thanks,
Shreeps
it's been a while

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Fri May 31, 2002 11:37 am

I like Clement - hopefully, he'll finally be able to reach his potential. Maybe the high expectations people have had on him put too much pressure on him in the past. At any rate, his lack of success so far in his career is a mystery.

Obviously, if you can deal Moyer, do so, but I think giving up halladay is well worth it if you gain Tejada.

I didn't expect that Beckett blow-up either, but he should be fine. That kind of thing is bound to happen to young pitchers.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Clement

Postby Yeaok » Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:17 am

He is not for real. Not even close. Even if hes doing half way decent, you know his pitch count is gonna be way the heck up there. So if you have him trade him!!
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby chuckr37 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:49 pm

Once again too much time and oh look 2 cents in my pocket.
For my money I think the kid deserves a little more time to prove himself. First in his 3 losses he has had a total of 6 runs scored for him, the cubs are not exactly the best hitting team in the league. The cubs are batting a dismal .233 as a team with only Sosa batting over .300 and the rookie Patterson 2nd at .290. Second his era is 3.18 that leaves him tied for 24th in the majors with Pedro. Third he's getting almost 3 k's for every walk he given up. Batters are only hitting .208 against him and he's won his last 3 games. If this guy were pitching for a team that could score some runs for him he would have a record more like 8-3 and that would make him look like a good pitcher to have this year. Did I mention that he is 8th in the majors in K's ahead of Ishii, Mussina and that Wood guy he is teamed with.
chuckr37
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers