Russ Ortiz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Russ Ortiz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Russ Ortiz

Postby Green Monstah » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:02 pm

Anyone else worried about him? He has never had a really great WHIP and now he doesnt have the run support like he did last year. I drafted him thinking he would put up about 15-17 wins (I know he won't get near 20 again). Is he still a safe bet as my 4th SP or should I start to look for someone to put on my bench just in case? :-o
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:05 pm

as a 4th u dont need to be worried. the guys era wasnt bad at all and got not bad strikeout numbers. the braves will still score runs with furcal and giles at the top of that lineup.....just give the guy some time to get settled. if after 4 starts he is STILL getting rocked....i would re-evaluate.....well thats what im gonna do.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Russ Ortiz

Postby whitesox04champs » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:14 pm

Green Monstah wrote:Anyone else worried about him? He has never had a really great WHIP and now he doesnt have the run support like he did last year. I drafted him thinking he would put up about 15-17 wins (I know he won't get near 20 again). Is he still a safe bet as my 4th SP or should I start to look for someone to put on my bench just in case? :-o

I never expected much if anything fro him this season which is why i didnt draft him in any of my leagues.............

If u watched him in the playoffs when he faced the cubs, u knew that he wasnt that great of a pitcher...............

He was wild and had average stuff..........

Even people in the braves orginization have went out and said that John thomson will have more wins...........

Dont drop him because he still has pretty descent trade value..........................
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AdvRider » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:24 am

I too am concerned. I'm in SF so watched him with the Giants and could never figure out how of why he was successful. Yet he was, reasonably.

I'm giving Russ another start or two and if he doesn't twirl a gem or at least keep his ERA under 4.00 I'll drop him for .... Eric Milton?
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Baseball Leftovers