opinions on juan gone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

opinions on juan gone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fantasyballer » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:57 pm

unbelievable night by juan gone. and i never wrote him off, i just asked for your opinions on why he was hitting only singles. anyway, im very happy with his performance tonight! ;-D
Fantasyballer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:00 pm

Great, he has his best night of the season and i choose not to start him. Because I thought Hinske was better in util and I wanted to keep starting Giles. Then this hits me. I could have used this homers and RBIs too. :-t
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasyballer » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 pm

unbelievable night by juan gone. and i never wrote him off, i just asked for your opinions on why he was hitting only singles. anyway, im very happy with his performance tonight! ;-D
Fantasyballer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thetongueofire » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:36 pm

as long as hes healthy he will produce pretty good overall numbers... no shortage of talent here... remember his last year with the Rangers before he got injured-

294-24-70 in only 82 games and 327 AB's

he was also solid in 02 in the limited numbers of games he played... he'll get lots of RBI opportunities this year hitting 4th behind Beltran and Sweeney ;-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kcs261 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:33 am

This illustrates why you have to patient with stud players. I left Juan Gone in my lineup the last two days, despite being disappointed in his performance. And I was rewarded BIG-TIME! Go Juan Gone! ;-D
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:08 am

Fantasyballer wrote:uh, rynman, you just dont get it. THIS IS A FORUM. PEOPLE COME HERE TO TALK ABOUT BASEBALL. people discuss players that are doing well and players that are starting off slow. im not going crazy because he isnt producing. all i asked was for some opinions. he had a crappy spring too. so far, his power isnt there. WHY IS IT SO WRONG TO DISCUSS THIS? why do you feel that its necessary to comment on people getting worried so early? if you dont like certain threads, dont post in them. i just wanted to start some discussion and speculation about him. arent these forums all about speculation?

just chill and have fun! ;-)

firstly, i would think that i have hung aorund here lo9ng enough to actually "get it".

secondly, i do apologise for going off a little :-) .

the juan gon down the toilet remark jus got me going a little bit. but hey! check it out, he's hitting now so we can be tight! ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers