Bobby Crosy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bobby Crosy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JoseCanYouSee » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:46 am

Actually, the A's decided to sign Chavez instead of Tejada because they had Crosby to replace him, but noone to replace Chavez. ;-D
Junior: "Hey Kramer, you ever killed a man?"
Kramer: "What do you think, Junior, these hands have been soaking in Ivory liquid?
JoseCanYouSee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mordraken » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:53 am

Crosby's AAA numbers projected over a full season:

.308 Average, 30 Steals, 30 Homers, 110 Runs, 100 RBIs.

Take off at least 30% of that for the jump from AAA to the Majors, and that would put it around:

.260 Avg, 21 steals, 21 homers, 70 runs, 65 RBIs.

It could be plus or minus 30% to those numbers, so the downside is:

.200 Avg, 10 homers, 10 steals, 50 runs, 40 RBIs

Upside would be his AAA numbers.

He's a risky player, and remember Oakland does NOT have the offense they have had in previous years.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kingsac » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:16 pm

Your right Oakland has a Better offense then they did last year. Crosby is a rookie with tons of support both on the team, managment and in the fans. I saw him play a ton when he was in AAA and he was a stud. Will he be better than Rollins this year? Possibly, but I think they will be about equal. Crosby will be a great player and will be a super star, the A's are young and talented and he fits right into that mold. Time will tell, and Crosby will do just fine.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Upside » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:27 pm

If you don't have one of the elite shortstops, Crosby can certainly produce at a second-tier level. As a strong young prospect, he can certainly go either way, but I try to get guys with potential if I don't have an elite option. That's why I'd take a guy like Eaton over a guy like Moyer any day. That said, Rollins isn't too far removed from productive seasons, and provides more speed if that's what you need.
Upside

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:45 pm

Rollins is an underachiever whose great promise faded after his 2001 season. Crosby has good upside but right now he's playing like Bing Crosby (today's HR notwithstanding).
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:54 am

JoseCanYouSee wrote:Actually, the A's decided to sign Chavez instead of Tejada because they had Crosby to replace him, but noone to replace Chavez. ;-D

im pretty sure that oakland made an offer to tejada a little while before they made an offer to chavez.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ramble2 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:25 am

RynMan wrote:
JoseCanYouSee wrote:Actually, the A's decided to sign Chavez instead of Tejada because they had Crosby to replace him, but noone to replace Chavez. ;-D

im pretty sure that oakland made an offer to tejada a little while before they made an offer to chavez.

That's true - primarily because Tejada was a free agent last year whereas Chavez had been signed through this season.

For years now the A's front office has stated that their long-term plan was to retain Chavez and the Big 3 pitchers. Any offer they made to Tejada was limited by this plan. Also, to my knowledge the A's never offered anything to Tejada that was very competitive. They knew they were going to lose him.

Back to the question of the thread. Rollins is one of my least favorite fantasy players. This may have something to do with his LOW SB total last year (when I needed him to do well). That said, he'll still probably put up better numbers than Crosby will this year. Crosby's AAA numbers were in the PCL - notorious for boosting offensive numbers.

Value-wise I'd take Crosby. You should be able to get him much cheaper/later in the draft than Rollins, and the money/draft pick saved could be better spent.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers