Bobby Crosy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bobby Crosy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bobby Crosy

Postby BostonBK7 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:10 pm

Should I go for him now and drop Jimmy Rollins...? I hear he's a great prospect.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:59 pm

It depends, Rollins will get you around 20 steals at 10 hrs... while Crosby could get you 10-15 hr with 5-10 steals... Rollins is batting around .190, so if you need a qucik fix, then Crosby is your man
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jebatzel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:07 pm

glad I stuck with him.

he killed my average last week.
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby la dodgers » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:09 pm

id doubt anyone in ur league is jumping on crosby so id watch him a little longer 1st
go dodgers
la dodgers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:20 pm

It should be noted that Crosby hit 6 home runs in the Spring, and he hit his 1st home run to night (3 runs shot).
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:27 pm

dont get ur hopes up over crosby PLEASE! everyone is expecting soo much from the guy when the A's jus arent expecting that much at all, otherwise they would hit him higher in the order (and the A's lineup aint that flash as it is!). 6 HR's in spring training? i could do that off some of the guys throwing there.....you could do it too! like i said, jolbert cabrera hit 4 jacks in spring training....why arent u looking at him?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eftda » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:39 pm

Its true that homeruns in spring carry little value, but he hit 3-4 of those in the first couple of innings (Against regualr Major League Starters). Crosby is a everyday starter and plays SS on a team thats hitting well right now... thats why there is some hype (other than the fact that he was the man that replaced Tejada)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:03 am

Big deal that he is the man that replaced Tejada!! What else were the A`s gonna do, play the season without a SS???
I remember when people were saying they would take Crosby ahead of Kaz matsui at the start of the season, because kaz only hit .173 in spring.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Runningman » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:21 am

Anonymous wrote:Big deal that he is the man that replaced Tejada!! What else were the A`s gonna do, play the season without a SS???
I remember when people were saying they would take Crosby ahead of Kaz matsui at the start of the season, because kaz only hit .173 in spring.

It's not just that he was the man who replaced Tejada. He was the reason that the A's felt they could let Tejada go. His team knows him better than anyone, and if they feel that he's star material, there's a good chance that he is.
Runningman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:24 am

Runningman wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Big deal that he is the man that replaced Tejada!! What else were the A`s gonna do, play the season without a SS???

It's not just that he was the man who replaced Tejada. He was the reason that the A's felt they could let Tejada go. His team knows him better than anyone, and if they feel that he's star material, there's a good chance that he is.

the A's didnt let go of tejada so that crosby could play everyday - its just that they couldnt afford to keep him. they made him an offer which would suggest that they wanted to keep him, but he was way out of their market. the A's havent said that he is star material this year, but possibly in the future.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers