Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team, how to stay in 1st place WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team, how to stay in 1st place WHIR

Postby mngopher » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:55 pm

I am in a 12 player 5x5 Roto auction keeper league with a $260 budget. I am able to keep 10 players each year for my major league roster with a 7 player farm team for non-major league players.
I am currently in first place at 95 and second place is at 86 points. I am trying to figure out where I need to improve to make sure I stay in first place. I moved up into first place around June 16th, so relatively new.
Out of 12 points I have 11 points in Runs, 11 in HR, 12 in RBI, 9 in SB, 9 AVG, 11 in K, 7 in W, 6 in SV, 9 in ERA, 10 in WHIP.

My roster is below and then my question. The $ value besides certain players is what they would cost to keep next year.

C Matt Wieters, Bal
1B Anthony Rizzo, ChC $23
2B Anthony Rendon, Wsh $17
3B Nick Castellanos, Det $6
SS Starlin Castro, NYY
OF Christian Yelich, Mia $17
OF Mookie Betts, Bos OF $11
OF Carlos Gonzalez, Col
UTIL Wil Myers, SD $6
Bench Gregory Polanco, Pit $6
Bench Aledmys Diaz, StL $6
DL Michael Brantley, Cle OF $17

PITCHERS
Jose Fernandez, Mia $16
Adam Wainwright, StL $11
DL Clayton Kershaw, LAD $58
Josh Tomlin, Cle $6
Michael Fulmer, Det $9
Chris Devenski, Hou
Archie Bradley, Ari $6
Aroldis Chapman, NYY
Hector Rondon, ChC
Michael Feliz, Hou
DL Matt Harvey, NYM $21
Kevin Gausman, Bal $9
Erasmo Ramirez, TB
Jonathan Papelbon, Wsh

I have been thinking I need a little pitching help with Kershaw on the DL and Harvey likely out for the season or at very least for a bit of time. So far the few trades I have talked with other teams on getting a good SP back I would need to give up a player like Will Myers or Gregory Polanco. I would be getting more back in those trades than just a SP but wondering if I that is the type of trade I should make or not.

Any advice on what I need to do to improve my team?
mngopher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 77)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team, how to stay in 1st place WHIR

Postby 802GREENS » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Kershaw looks like he will be just fine. Unfortunately the same can not be said for Harvey. I also don't believe Papelbon will remain the closer for the rest of the season. Between Myers and Polanco I would take Polanco 10/10 times. If you can get some good pieces back for Myers and Paps you should easily stay on top. Rest of your team looks good, although I don't have much faith in Rendon so you might need a backup plan there. Help with mine?
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)

Re: Rate my team, how to stay in 1st place WHIR

Postby pjalst » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 pm

You definitely can spare an OF if needed. You can definitely get a solid return for one of them. I haven't been to impressed with Castro, I would consider moving him since you have Diaz.

help please:https://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=494735
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team