NA: Snell
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 395)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How does my rotation look for ROS?

Postby JGuilbault11 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:28 pm

There has been some grumblings of Matz having an elbow issue. Things look okay, but definitely a thing to keep an eye on. Love the top five. McHugh and Stroman I am not huge fans of, but are serviceable backend guys. You should be fine.
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 654)

Re: How does my rotation look for ROS?

Postby daweasle » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:53 am

I would look to replace urias - seems like he is destined to get one or two more starts and then headed back to minors - dangle him out there and see if anyone is interested in trading for the bright shiny new toy. even offer a 2 for 1 if you can give urias and stroman for a danny duffy or marco Estrada - those trades would be fine.

They are not sexy names - but they are doing it this year and they are the type of guys who someone would be willing to give up for urias

If you yourself are so stubborn to think urias is destined to help me win my league this year - go ahead and keep him - but i bet you find out that is incorrect info by seasons end. worst case - he pitches 2 more games - goes back to the minors and has a few bad starts and never gets a callup until September. best case he stats in the majors all year and pitches to the tune of an 4.3 era with 1.45 whip. maybe he gets you 30 more strikeouts than marco Estrada but the damage to the era and whip are not worth 30 Ks. (assuming this is daily lineup changes) you can get better production with a MR like tony Watson + marco Estrada = more K and better / era whip than urias, and if you get lucky Watson (or similar late inning RP) lucks into some saves or a handful of wins.

oh and by the way you say britton is the only RP on purpose? is this roto 5x5? is it head to head? not enough info for us to give informed advice if we don't know that info.
daweasle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team