Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team Please!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team Please!

Postby Lyons1991 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:05 am

Hey guys, been on this site for awhile and I love the input you guys give me to hep my team. Okay so, I am in a 10 team 5x5 keeper league. Runs, HR,RBI,SB,AVG and Ks, Ws, SVs , WHIP ERA.

i recently have made a few trades so I will put my team that i started with and how it looks now.

Original Lineup:
C-Salvador Perez
1B- Edwin Encarnacion
2B- Jean Segura/Rendon (if he ever starts getting going, drafted him for $1 in auction)
3B- Maikel Franco
SS- Trevor Story/Elvis Andrus
OF- Yoenis Cespedes/Nelson Cruz/Starling Marte
FLEX- Adam Jones
DL- Ben Revere

SP-David Price, Felix Hernandez, Adam Wainwright, Julio Teheran, Hisashi Iwakuma,
RP- Fernando Rodney and Jonathan Papelbon.

So there was my team after the draft, I liked my stacked out field but thought i didnt have enough pitching to suffice. So the moves I made were these.

-Traded David Price, Lance McCullers and Aroldis Chapman for Masahiro Tanaka, Jacob Degrom and Garrett Richards
-Traded Jacon DeGrom for Michael Wacha and Shawn Tolleson (my league is crazy with closers and having every 8th inning guy, needed the 3rd closer)
-Yesterday traded Starlin Marte and Garret Richards for Christian Yelich and Jose Fernandez.

Key Pickups:
-Aledmys Diaz, Trevor Story, Eduardo Rodriquez (on the DL, but i love the upside) Mat Latos. Also my league is prospect crazy, so im burning two bench spots on Julio Urias and Lucas Giolito.

Updated Lineup:
C- Salvador Perez
1B- Edwin Encarnacion
2B- Jean Segura
3rd- Maikel Franco
SS- Aledmys Diaz
OF- Yoenis Cespedes, Adam Jones and Nelson Cruz
FLEX- Christian Yelich

SP- Felix Hernandez, Jose Fernandez, Adam Wainwright, Michael Wacha, Mashiro Tanaka, Julio Teheran and Mat Latos
RP- Jonathan Papelbon, Fernando Rodney and Shawn Tolleson.
Prospects on the Bench: Julio Urias and Lucas Giolito.

DL- Ben Revere and Eduardo Rodriquez.

Here are my questions: 1) How has my team improved or fallen behind with these trades, 2) When do you think Urias or Giolito will be called up? Any input is appreciated, you guys help me out alot. Currently I sit at a 2-1 record and I am in the top 3 in all of the hitting categories, minus SBS. Pitching was my weakness and I feel I improved.

When I say my league is prospect crazy, yesterday this happened.
- Sean Maneana
-Tyler Glasnow
-Mike Fulmer
-Jose Berrios
-Trea Turner
-AJ Reed

All were picked up, also Luis Severino was dropped in my league, should I pick him up, he has great upside but has been struggling so far.
Lyons1991
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team Please!

Postby Lyons1991 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:10 pm

please someone give me some input. On sleepers you may have, guys you think will be good. anything
Lyons1991
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Re: Rate my team Please!

Postby 802GREENS » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Actually those were some pretty good moves. I personally like having a reliable team rather than a bunch of players made of glass with high upside. That being said, I would have kept Marte and Richards. But of course Fernandez is superior while he stays healthy and I have Yelich on my team and can't complain.

Check out my post in Waiver questions?
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team