Alex Sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Sanchez

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:31 pm

He seems to be sitting more and more lately to start games...he is sitting again tonight, and what's worse, Brandon Inge is his replacement in center field?!?! That's terrible...I hope he doesn't become a pinch runner as the year goes on.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetruth » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:41 pm

as i've said before, the guy is garbage.
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hyde » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:43 pm

Tram has been sitting him and Eric Munson against left handed SP's. Not a big surprise since neither one can hit lefties very well.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:45 pm

Hyde wrote:Tram has been sitting him and Eric Munson against left handed SP's. Not a big surprise since neither one can hit lefties very well.

Thanks for the input...I for some reason never noticed that trend. At least I can set my roster accordingly.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Hyde » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:57 pm

Tram has been sitting him and Eric Munson against left handed SP's. Not a big surprise since neither one can hit lefties very well.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:59 pm

Hyde wrote:Tram has been sitting him and Eric Munson against left handed SP's. Not a big surprise since neither one can hit lefties very well.

Thanks for the input...I for some reason never noticed that trend. At least I can set my roster accordingly.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DK » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:59 pm

Hyde wrote:When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin

Beautiful. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby LBJackal » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:04 pm

thetruth wrote:as i've said before, the guy is garbage.

So is Roy Halladay right? And Mussina? And how about A-Rod? He must be garbage too according to you, cuz he hasn't done well this year.

He hasn't even played a full season yet, is one of the fastest players in baseball, and has consistently batted .285 on two of the worst teams in recent baseball memory. Good job genius ;-D Talk about writing a guy off before he's even had a chance. I guess just because he steals a lot of bases he gets pigeon-holed as one dimensional, and according to you, garbage. He also has a HR while Helton, Soriano, Wells, and Thome havn't hit any. Not that he'll be a power hitter, but don't come to conclusions after a week of baseball.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:11 pm

LBJackal wrote:

So is Roy Halladay right? And Mussina? And how about A-Rod? He must be garbage too according to you, cuz he hasn't done well this year.

He hasn't even played a full season yet, is one of the fastest players in baseball, and has consistently batted .285 on two of the worst teams in recent baseball memory. Good job genius ;-D Talk about writing a guy off before he's even had a chance. I guess just because he steals a lot of bases he gets pigeon-holed as one dimensional, and according to you, garbage. He also has a HR while Helton, Soriano, Wells, and Thome havn't hit any. Not that he'll be a power hitter, but don't come to conclusions after a week of baseball.

I agree with LBJackal...I don't think Sanchez is garbage. My reason for starting this post was to see if anyone had any info as to why he has not been starting so much lately. I got my answer, and that helps my team a lot, I plan to now bench him anytime a lefty is scheduled. He can be very useful if you play him at the right times. He should still get 40+ saves, and if you can replace him with power in your lineup on the days he won't be starting, that's even better.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby thetruth » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:21 pm

LBJackal wrote:

did i ever say anything about any other player besides alex sanchez?

i am basing my opinion on his entire career up until this point. he isnt "garbage" but i have posted my opinon before stating that he is a one dimensional player.
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers