Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Time to hit the panic button? If so what do I do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Time to hit the panic button? If so what do I do?

Postby garretterik » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:12 pm

OK, so my second pick may be done for the season - Pollack. I faced the guy who owned Story and Machado in round 1 and got swept. :-t %-6 X-I
I did get Mazzaro, so last week wasn't all bad.
So what do I need to do?

12 team head to head standard 5 x 5 scoring. REDRAFT

My team:
C Francisco Cervelli Pit - C - Could pick up Hundley?
1B Joey Votto Cin - 1B
2B Brian Dozier Min - 2B - what is up with this guy? Forsythe, and Phillips are out there too
3B Todd Frazier CWS - 3B
SS Eduardo Escobar Min - 2B,3B,SS,OF - stay with him or Gregorius, Ahmed, Owings, or Hechavarria?
OF Bryce Harper Was - OF
OF Nomar Mazara Tex - OF
OF Adam Eaton CWS - OF
UTIL Kole Calhoun LAA - OF
UTIL Evan Gattis Hou - OF
BN Brett Lawrie CWS - 2B,3B - time to drop this guy?
BN Byron Buxton Min - OF - what's up with this guy? Can I be patient and wait for the talent to develop? Supposed to be #1 prospect
DLA.J. Pollock Ari - OF
DL Jung Ho Kang Pit - 3B,SS - hopefully will be my starting ss in about 2 weeks

SP Carlos Carrasco Cle - SP - SP went off the board too early in my draft, I built solid offense and was left with Carrasco as my best SP
SP Francisco Liriano Pit - SP
RP Kenley Jansen LAD - RP
RP Álex Colomé TB - SP,RP - not much depth at RP (could grab Benoit, Kela)
P Carlos Martínez StL - SP
P Carlos Rodon CWS - SP
P Jeff Samardzija SF - SP
P Masahiro Tanaka NYY - SP
BN José Quintana CWS - SP
BN Mike Fiers Hou - SP

ww: Bats: Granderson (just dropped need waiver claim), Grichuck, DWright, LForsythe, Ozuna, Soler, Paulsen, Phillips, Zimmerman, ALind, WMyers, Spangenberg,JJay(SD), Crisp, Markakis, Napoli, MUptonJr, LMartin, Stubbs
Arms: Latos, CAnderson(Mil), RHill(Oak), Colon, Nolasco, Cashner, Buchholz, Benoit, Kela

Some ideas / questions
1) I don't trust Tanaka, and was thinking of selling high on him with the name and New York connection. Don't know where I need to improve my team the most? So who do I try to target for him? Could probably send Tanaka and an OF away for an upgrade somewhere.
2) Do I try to grab a wonder arm who might get called up and stash on my bench? Glasnow, Giolito, and Urias are all available. So are Mallex Smith, Max Kepler, AJReed, Rafael Devers, JP Crawford, and O Arcia.
3) Before Kang comes back is there any players that I should target to stash on my DL like I did with Fernandez last year ... like Cobb?
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to hit the panic button? If so what do I do?

Postby x17jaw17x » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:46 am

I think I would stay put, as I really like this team, even after the loss of Pollock. The only suggestion I would make is maybe package Martinez and Gattis or one of your bench guys for an upgrade at pitcher, as I am not a big Martinez believer, but thats just me. Other than that I would stay put and I really like your squad.
x17jaw17x
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team