Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Changes Needed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Changes Needed?

Postby x17jaw17x » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Lost my first week of head to head categories, and off to a bad start this week. Mainly because my opponents teams have been going off (1st opponent had Trevor Story), but I am still worried about the slow start. Do I make changes now or wait it out for a few more weeks and see how my team does?

C: Yan Gomes
1B: Carlos Santana
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Kris Bryant
SS: Eugenio Suarez
2B/SS: Robinson Cano
1B/3B: Matt Duffy
OF: Mike Trout, Hunter Pence, Kevin Kiermaier, Brock Holt, Kole Calhoun
UTIL: Joe Panik
Be: Mike Moustakas
SP: Jose Fernandez, Noah Syndergaard, Marcus Stroman, Garrett Richards, Justin Verlander, Fransisco Liriano, Taijuan Walker
RP: Craig Kimbrel, Luke Gregerson (had Ken Giles but dropped him), Dellin Betances, Ryan Madson

Thanks for any input!
x17jaw17x
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Changes Needed?

Postby garretterik » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:26 pm

I think I may be in the same boat as you (faced Story/Machado owner last year) and slow start this week.
Your team looks pretty solid. Your arms are awesome. Bats are solid. Obviously your weakness is 1B and OF after Trout. If I were you I would probably ride it out. Although to be honest I don't trust Verlander, so I might try to trade him now and try to upgrade at 1B or OF. You might want to pick up Mallex Smith, or Nomar Mazara if available in your league. By the way Kiermaier isn't owned in my 12 team league.

Hang in there. ;-D

Help me: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=494274
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Changes Needed?

Postby x17jaw17x » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks for the input! Yeah I have been trying to upgrade at either 1B or OF since the draft haha, I did get Calhoun so I see that as an upgrade from who I had before. Maybe I could package Verlander and either Santana or an OF for an upgrade, so thanks for that! As far as Kiermaier, I absolutely love Kiermaier, so he's merely on my team because I love him, and I do see some upside this year from the offensive side, with steals and runs potentially. Mallex Smith is available in my league so I could pick him up but am unsure on who to drop for him. Thanks again!
x17jaw17x
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team