Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Too soon to make changes?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Too soon to make changes?

Postby 802GREENS » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Hey everybody,

I know I should sit on my hands and wait a couple weeks but I'm worried that if I'm not preemptive then I'll miss out on a trade I could have made and be stuck. I don't know if im going to have enough production in my outfield and if my pitching will get any better. Thoughts?

H2H Yahoo 8x8

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Doubles (2B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Total Bases (TB)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Saves (SV), Earned Runs (ER), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

C Yan Gomes
1B Brandon Belt
2B José Altuve
3B Nolan Arenado
SS Xander Bogaerts
OF Jason Heyward
OF Kevin Pillar
OF Stephen Piscotty
Util Hanley Ramírez
Util Carlos Santana
BN Curtis Granderson
BN Carlos Gómez
BN Christian Yelich

SP Drew Smyly
SP John Lackey
RP Kenley Jansen
RP David Robertson
P David Price
P Cody Allen
P José Quintana
BN Zack Greinke
BN Patrick Corbin
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Too soon to make changes?

Postby holiemacaroni » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:47 am

I am the same type of fantasy baseball player as you. I am always to quick to pull the trigger on guys on my team especially when my team is doing bad. The players I like in your OF: Jason Heyward, Carlos Gomez, Christian Yelich...Kevin pillar will be a hit or miss and where he ends up in the batting order for TOR(he is young too). Pisoctty I think will turn it around the Cards are off to a bad start. I'm not a Granderson fan because I had him one year where he was in a major slump for the first half of the season and I held on to him for too long.

I think you pitching is strong! and Greinke and others will turn it around. I would hold on to your pitching staff
holiemacaroni
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Too soon to make changes?

Postby garretterik » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:33 pm

I also would stay put. Your team looks pretty solid all around. To me your weakness is your OF. Your strength is your pitching. I would stay put, but keep an eye out for guys like Mazara and Mallex Smith when young OFs come up you should try to grab them quickly. However, your team is pretty solid and I would stay put for another week or two. macaroni is right your guys will turn it around.

Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=494274
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team