Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Rate My Team. Thanks in Advance.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Rate My Team. Thanks in Advance.

Postby sman79 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:28 pm

I am in a ten team keeper Yahoo league that uses the following stat categories: Runs (R), Doubles (2B), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP) and Wins (W), Complete Games (CG), Quality Starts (QS), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), and Holds (HLD).

C - Travis D'Arnaud
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Ian Kinsler
SS - Brandon Crawford
3B - Kyle Seager
OF - Lorenzo Cain
OF - Nelson Cruz
OF - Carlos Gonzalez
Util - Chris Davis - (1B, OF)
BN - Rougned Oder - (2B)
DL - Jung Ho Kang - (3B, SS)

SP - Madison Bumgarner
SP - Cole Hamels
RP - Brad Ziegler
RP - Ken Giles
RP - Hector Rondon
P - Shelby Miller
P - Jeremy Jeffress
P - Drew Storen
BN - Mike Leake
BN - Alex Wood
BN - Francisco Liriano
BN - Julio Teheran

We added the category of holds for this year as well as updating some other categories.

Kang is on the DL so I'm going to pick up a backup outfielder from the waiver wire to start the year. Most of the pitchers I had targeted went ahead of my first pick and then I switched to a strategy that was heavier on relief pitching. We'll see how it works out. I drafted Oder as it's a keeper league and Kinsler isn't getting any younger.
sman79
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Rate My Team. Thanks in Advance.

Postby 802GREENS » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Starters are usually pretty easy to steam after the first few weeks and you have a solid top 3 with madbum, Hamels and miller. I think you might with you had a top 5-10 closer but those usually shake out as the season goes along too. Crawford and d'Arnaud are your weakest links offensively but otherwise, nice team!
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Rate My Team. Thanks in Advance.

Postby garretterik » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Solid pitching. Great infield. I think your weakest link is your OF. Sure you get HRs, but personally I am not buying Cain, CarGo, or Davis.
I might try to send one of your pitchers with an OF to get an OF upgrade. Or you might try to grab one of the OF prospects like Mazzaro and hope they pan out.
Help me: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=494274
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team