P Kevin Siegrist 2
P Julio Urias 3

RES Chris Heston
RES Trayce Thompson
RES Colin Rea
RES Pedro Baez
RES Tyler Moore
RES Aaron Blair
You're so ugly that if you were a dog I'd shave your butt and teach you to walk backwards!
wackadoodle
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL Only How did I do?

Postby Irish Drunk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:42 pm

I wish more guys would come on this part of the forum I'd like to see more analysis. I'm more of an AL type but I realize the challenges facing NL league owners, particularly when it comes to relievers. I think you asserted yourself well in that regard - getting 1 for sure (Casilla) and 1 almost (Vizcaino) and a couple great setup guys in Watson and Siegrist who can also chip in with saves.

The strength of this team lies in its pitching for sure. Anchored with an ace starter along with 2 really good starters (Wacha&Ross), one underrated guy (Niese) and one guy (Urias) waiting in the wings, who I believe will get called up mid season and shine. Rea and Heston are decent fill in plug and play types. Blair not so sure about.

The hitting not so good but I don't think you lack in power - Car Go, Carter, Domingo, Reynolds can all jack. BA should be fine even with Carter. There is obviously an issue with MI because Peraza has been sent down and I think you will struggle mightily in the OF. Pham is already on the DL. However, LAD are banged up so you should see some bonus AB for Trayce Thompson, who I kind of like. I thought he asserted himself fairly well with the CWS last season.

Is there any option better on the WW than Tyler Moore cause that dude stinks. He plays more like Mary Tyler Moore :)
OF prospects to keep an eye on, maybe they're taken who knows - Nick Williams PHI, Jesse Winker CIN, Keon Broxton MIL, Jabari Blash SD. I'd take a flyer on any one of these guys before I roster a scrub like Moore.

Good luck.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 229)

Re: NL Only How did I do?

Postby wackadoodle » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Well I got rid of MTM last night and got S Drew to fill in at MI. Pham is on the DL with Thompson filling in. I also snagged Tony Wolters to fill in for Pena and I am thinking I might end up letting Pena go for him when he comes off the DL. I don't trust Hundley to stay healthy all year. It was an interesting auction to say the least. I was surprised to get Reynolds during dollar days even with that dismal average. Of the of's you mentioned only Williams is available (this is NL only, almost everyone gets taken in 11 team leagues and everyone including their mothers gets taken in 12).
You're so ugly that if you were a dog I'd shave your butt and teach you to walk backwards!
wackadoodle
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team