Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

6x6 ESPN 10-team H2H Category w/ Keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

6x6 ESPN 10-team H2H Category w/ Keepers

Postby TheCaseDogg » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:34 pm

I am in a 6x6 ESPN head-to-head category league and we just conducted our draft last night. I took 2nd in the regular season and won the playoff last year in my first season. It is a 10-team league with each player keeping four players (at least one hitter and pitcher must be kept) from last year and drafting 16 new players. Keepers take over the round that they were selected (i.e.: I kept Bryce Harper who was selected in the 19th round originally, so Harper was my pick for the 19th round). We conducted a snake draft and I was the 9th pick in odd rounds and 2nd pick in even rounds.

Each team can start 1 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 SS, 3 OF, 1 UTIL, 2 SP, 2 RP, 2 SP/RP

I chose Harper, Paul Goldschmidt, Dee Gordon, and Madison Bumgarner as my keepers. I could've also chosen Jake Arrieta or Kris Bryant to keep, it was a tough call.

Categories are as follows:
  • Hitting: AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, and K's
  • Pitching: W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K, BB (minimum 7 innings per matchup)

So, here was my draft with round selected in parenthesis, keepers are listed with an asterisk, and projected starters:

Hitters
C - J.T. Realmuto (12)
1B - Paul Goldschmidt* (11)
2B - Dee Gordon* (4)
3B - Kyle Seager (5)
SS - Ian Desmond (14) - OF
OF - Bryce Harper* (19)
OF - David Peralta (8)
OF - Christian Yelich (9)
UTIL - Ian Kinsler (6) - 2B
BCH - Lucas Duda (20) - 1B
BCH - Brett Lawrie (15) - 3B/2B
BCH - Javier Baez (17) - 2B/SS - starting season on DL
BCH - Steven Souza Jr (16) - OF

Pitchers
SP - Madison Bumgarner* (3)
SP - Chris Sale (1)
RP - Jeurys Familia (7)
RP - Shawn Tolleson (13)
P - Jake Arrieta (2)
P - Drew Smyly (10)
BCH - Shelby Miller (18)

I don't think I did too bad, but you never know what happens during the draft and all the changes to your strategy. What do y'all think?

I will review your team when I get a chance.
TheCaseDogg
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6x6 ESPN 10-team H2H Category w/ Keepers

Postby goods5119 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Pretty good. Great keepers. Loaded starting pitching, two decent closers. Don't love your bench aside from Duda. The only pick I really question among your starters is Kinsler...had you taken a slugger there, you'd be great, but you have a bit of a power need. Overall, though, you're a contender.
goods5119
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team