Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team please. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team please. WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Here is where my team stands after the draft and some trading/waivers. What do you think? What would you look to do next?

12 teams, 6X6 H2H
R, RBI, HR, SB, TB, OBP
ERA, WHIP, QS, K, K/BB, SV+HLD

My team:
C- Gomes
1B- Park
2B- Wong
3B- Arenado
SS- Crawford
OF- Cargo, Cargo, Cain
U- Kemp, Holliday
Bench: Holliday, Ozuna, Holt, Reed
SP- Bumgarner, Carrasco, Gray, Verlander, Wacha, Ross, Liriano, Cashner, Snell
RP- Kimbrel, Robertson, Doolittle
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team please. WHIR

Postby Irish Drunk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:07 am

What stands out to me is 1B. You are starting a guy who has zero MLB experience and you are backing him up with a guy who also has no MLB experience and won't be up in the bigs until June. Yes both project to do reasonably well but still a big risk. I guess your best hope is Holliday achieves 1B eligibility at some point to mitigate the risk. Or you go and acquire a proven one.

I love Holt but not sure he should be rostered in a 12 team league. He's a utility guy. Sure he has multi position eligibility but 450 AB would be a stretch. You need a backup 2B who plays regularly. Wong has injury issues.

Pitching is solid but I do see a bit of risk with Gray and Wacha, I just have a bad feeling about both of them to varying degrees. I think Cashner should bounce back nicely and Snell would make many MLB starting staffs. Unfortunately he's buried in TB with their depth at pitching.

Definite room for improvement here.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 229)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team