beltran or sori?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

beltran or sori??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tiger spit » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:54 pm

rippz wrote:It all comes down to AJones for Wells. Soriano and Beltran is very close but Soriano has the 2B thing although Beltran will be out of K.C during or after this year so remember that.

Wells is suposed to be the sh*t but the Jays don't run so Wells doesnt get to show his speed. Jones doesnt run anymore so it is even but Wells is a better hitter.....

I would stay with what you have and wait for Weekes or B.Phillips to show up or even trade for Reyes. Actually trade for Reyes...........

reyes' legs makes me nervous
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:56 pm

I really wouldn't do that. Perhaps you can try to pick up a young 2B with one of your lower OFs. Jose Reyes will have 2B eligibility in the future. It's a dynasty league, so he's pretty valuable. See what his owner's price is.

Like the other guys said, the gap between Wells and Jones is too substantive and over Soriano/Beltran. Wells still has some room to grow and already has considerably better stats than Jones. Jones is young, but I don't see him becoming a higher average hitter, like Vernon. In addition, his stolen bases are gone.

And lastly, it is an H2H league. Soriano is one of the streakiest players in baseball. You'll get no production some weaks due to his inconsistencies.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tiger spit » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:58 pm

warrick95 wrote:I really wouldn't do that. Perhaps you can try to pick up a young 2B with one of your lower OFs. Jose Reyes will have 2B eligibility in the future. It's a dynasty league, so he's pretty valuable. See what his owner's price is.

Like the other guys said, the gap between Wells and Jones is too substantive and over Soriano/Beltran. Wells still has some room to grow and already has considerably better stats than Jones. Jones is young, but I don't see him becoming a higher average hitter, like Vernon. In addition, his stolen bases are gone.

And lastly, it is an H2H league. Soriano is one of the streakiest players in baseball. You'll get no production some weaks due to his inconsistencies.

so you wouldnt do it straight up huh?
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby warrick95 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:06 pm

Beltran for Soriano straight up? It's just that Wells is a lot better than Jones, for the first deal to go through. Considering the position scarcity at 2B, I'd actually probably take that...be prepared for streakiness, though. You'd better have some consistent players elsewhere, or you may get shut out some weeks.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Da GM » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:36 pm

If you don't have a 2B, trade Beltran for Soriano in a heartbeat
Da GM
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Praying that the Mets aren't mathematically eliminated from the playoff race in July

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers