Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How did i do on my draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How did i do on my draft?

Postby Cali Redneck » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:40 am

I play in a 10 team Yahoo points league with three keepers (my keeper selections were Donaldson, Correa and Kershaw). We also get an NA roster spot to stash a prospect. I finished 2nd last year, so i had the ninth pick in the draft and this is what i have to work with after a couple waiver moves to make up for some dumb late round picks. Thoughts?

Offense

C: Stephen Vogt (C, 1B)
1B: Jonathan Lucroy (C, 1B)
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Josh Donaldson
SS: Carlos Correa
CI: Ryan Zimmerman
MI: Starlin Castro (2B, SS)
OF: Brandon Belt (1B, OF)
OF: Lorenzo Cain
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury
OF: Kole Calhoun
OF: Billy Hamilton
UT: Alex Rodriguez
BENCH: Josh Harrison (2B, 3B, OF), Trevor Story, Danny Valencia (3B, OF)

Pitching

SP: Clayton Kershaw
SP: David Price
SP: Garret Richards
RP: A.J. Ramos
RP: Huston Street
RP: Sean Doolittle
P: J.J. Hoover
P: Patrick Corbin
NA: Sean Manaea
BENCH: Jimmy Nelson, Alex Wood, Aaron Sanchez
https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/57195/7
Cali Redneck
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 179)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How did i do on my draft?

Postby Bob-Loblaw » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:59 pm

I'll rate yours tonight. My post was a little confusing for some people I think. By rating my team a 7 did you mean it was below average or above average? I don't mind either way,must wanted to clear this up. Thanks.
Bob-Loblaw
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 65)

Postby Bob-Loblaw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:00 am

Your keepers are insane of course. I don't like a catcher at 1b and a 1b at OF. Not an efficient use of resources IMO. Overall pretty nice team though. I am not sure what you're going for with the 4 closers but you know your league setup better than I do. Punting wins I take it. Good luck.
Bob-Loblaw
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 65)

Postby Irish Drunk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:53 am

Not a fan of 10 team leagues because everyone has chance to have a very good team. I agree with Bob, your keepers are absolutely insane. All 3 of those guys go 1st round in a 12 team redraft.

The biggest weakness I see in your team is lack of power in the OF and at 1B. That's not good in a points league. Not one guy is projected to have 30HR. Also not a huge fan of Ellsbury, he's shown signs of breaking down the past season or two.
Since your MI is so solid, if Story and/or Harrison get off to a hot start I'd move them for a power bat, even if it sacrifices some BA.

Starting pitching - love it. I even love the bench.
Relief pitching - not so in love with it. obviously a risk with Doolittle. and Street I have some doubts about but then again I do every year and he continues to perform. Ramos I like alot.

Consensus - very solid team but room for improvement with acquisition of power bat(s).
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 229)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team