Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How'd I do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How'd I do?

Postby jamesfredette » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Hey guys,

Just drafted last night in a 14 team 6x6 H2H categories league with .OPS + K/BB added. QS instead of W and SV+HLDs instead of SVs. I was disappointed immediately after the draft because several infielders were taken literally the pick before I was going to (and strategized to in mocks) take them. As I looked around at other teams though, I became a little more optimistic. Here it is.

C Gomes
1B Goldy
2B Rendon
3B Turner
SS Desmond
IF Belt
OF J. Martinez
OF A. Jones
OF Burns
OF Conforto
UTL A. Rodriguez

Parra
T.Turner

P Arrieta
P Kuechel
P Salazaar
P Verlander
P Betances
P T. Watson
P Uehara

C. Smith (DL bound)
C. Rodon
J. Soria
J. Hammel

What do you guys like about it and where should I keep an eye out to improve over the season via waiver wire or trade? Several people have vocalized their want for speed and given that I dont have much anyway, I was thinking about moving Burns + someone to upgrade somewhere, unless turner can make enough of an addition to SBs to compete throughout the season. Thoughts? Thanks!
jamesfredette
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How'd I do?

Postby jruffus1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks for the lengthy feedback! :) As a Mets fan, I've been exposed to Turner for a few years and believe that his performance last year was very fluky. See how he starts the year off and then decide on whether or not you should explore a new option. What other outfielders are available on the wire?

Overall, for a 14 team draft its a safe team.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 106)

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:25 pm

I think this squad is solid. It's not sexy with names like some of the other teams, but I think you will be pleased with the production. JD Martinez is for real. Between he and Goldy you are going to have a great 1-2 punch on offense. Adam Jones has been a steal in most drafts. He had Career lows in OBP and BA last year. I expect those to bounce back. If he can bounce back to somewhere around .27/.315 then I think we will see closer to 90 runs out of him and his RBI total should increase from last year. Burns is a good OF 3, Conforto is a little risky to me, just because I am not sure that he will get the ABs people think. He hit .212 last year against lefty's. I could see him being platooned to a degree, but his talent level is there without a doubt.

Pitching looks really solid. I love salazar as a 3 starter. If I were to make any moves, I may see if you can find a taker on A-Rod for some IF depth. Until Trea Turner gets called up, it could be spry for you with Justin Turner. If you could find a Zobrist or Josh Harrision typ I think you would benefit given this lineup structure.
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jamesfredette » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:37 pm

jruffus1 wrote:Thanks for the lengthy feedback! :) As a Mets fan, I've been exposed to Turner for a few years and believe that his performance last year was very fluky. See how he starts the year off and then decide on whether or not you should explore a new option. What other outfielders are available on the wire?

Overall, for a 14 team draft its a safe team.

Thanks for the feedback! I agree T.Turner is still a little green behind the ears. I just keep thinking "Realistically, How long is espinosa going to keep that job?" hes been terrible this spring, and while turner hasnt been great, at least hes stolen 6 bags. OFs available are Markakis, Pagan, A. Garcia, Collabello, Pompey. I do have G. Parra on my bench
jamesfredette
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jamesfredette » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:54 pm

JeffBlauser4 wrote:I think this squad is solid. It's not sexy with names like some of the other teams, but I think you will be pleased with the production. JD Martinez is for real. Between he and Goldy you are going to have a great 1-2 punch on offense. Adam Jones has been a steal in most drafts. He had Career lows in OBP and BA last year. I expect those to bounce back. If he can bounce back to somewhere around .27/.315 then I think we will see closer to 90 runs out of him and his RBI total should increase from last year. Burns is a good OF 3, Conforto is a little risky to me, just because I am not sure that he will get the ABs people think. He hit .212 last year against lefty's. I could see him being platooned to a degree, but his talent level is there without a doubt.

Pitching looks really solid. I love salazar as a 3 starter. If I were to make any moves, I may see if you can find a taker on A-Rod for some IF depth. Until Trea Turner gets called up, it could be spry for you with Justin Turner. If you could find a Zobrist or Josh Harrision typ I think you would benefit given this lineup structure.

Thanks for the response man! I definitely agree with you regarding the hitters lackluster names, but the more I looked at it, the safer it looked. I am a little worried about Conforto given his lack of experience, but Parra in Coors should be a good platoon mate for any OF with real worrying splits. Both the Turners represent high risk/reward for me. Justin supposedly has the starting gig for the first time coming into a year. How long can Dusty run out slow old Danny Espinosa at short with Trea on the bench? When it comes to A-Rod, do you think I can afford the power loss?
jamesfredette
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:29 pm

I think you can afford the power loss. I think JD, Jones and Goldy will give you plenty of power. The rest of your guys aside from Burns are total power duds. If you could send A-rod for someone like schoop and maybe pick up CJ Cron til Pujols comes back, you probably wouldnt lose to much power. If schoop is available I would scoop him up.
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Should read the rest of your guys aside from Burns are NOT total power duds.
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jamesfredette » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:31 pm

JeffBlauser4 wrote:I think you can afford the power loss. I think JD, Jones and Goldy will give you plenty of power. The rest of your guys aside from Burns are total power duds. If you could send A-rod for someone like schoop and maybe pick up CJ Cron til Pujols comes back, you probably wouldnt lose to much power. If schoop is available I would scoop him up.

Ok ill see what i can get for A-Rod. Schoop is not available. Epsecially since I think Rendon can definitely bounce back to the 20 HRs hit in 2014 and Turner hit 16 last year in 385 AB. Gomes hit 21 in 2014 before the knee injury in 2015 spring training that ruined his year. I know im being optimistic, but at least they have shown that they can produce 20ish HRs each when healthy over a full season.

haha ok, i definitely didnt get that before writing this but it all still applies i suppose
jamesfredette
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jbird669 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback on mine. Digging this squad. You may want to try and get some saves if you can. The 3 projections I used for my team don't have any of your guys getting double-digit saves. Other than that, well done!
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 26)

Postby jamesfredette » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:27 pm

jbird669 wrote:Thanks for the feedback on mine. Digging this squad. You may want to try and get some saves if you can. The 3 projections I used for my team don't have any of your guys getting double-digit saves. Other than that, well done!

Hey man no problem, same to you. I figured since my league is SVs+HLDs as one RP category that Betances, Watson, Uehara, and Soria would be enough. None are saves guys but they should all get 25-40 holds each which good ERA and WHIP numbers
jamesfredette
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team