Harden, Eaton, and Riley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harden, Eaton, and Riley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden, Eaton, and Riley

Postby Liberty30 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:18 pm

Which two do you like the best?
Image
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 27 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Deck Circle

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:21 pm

This is a close one.I like Eaton, because he has the stuff and pitches in a pitcher friendly park, and I like Harden because hes shown promise in the minors and Oakland has a history of having good pitchers. I like Riley also, but not as much as the other 2.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:23 pm

Eaton and Harden!!
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 819
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:25 pm

I think Eaton is easily the best of the three. I thought he'd have a great year prior to seeing how Petco was going to turn out and now it seems his stock is only rising.

Harden/Riley is a toss up for me because they are both unproven and I haven't seen either pitch enough to make a decision.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Liberty30 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:28 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:This is a close one.I like Eaton, because he has the stuff and pitches in a pitcher friendly park, and I like Harden because hes shown promise in the minors and Oakland has a history of having good pitchers. I like Riley also, but not as much as the other 2.


Are you confident enough in Rhodes to get the job done and close out Harden's wins?
Image
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 27 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Deck Circle

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:31 pm

Liberty30 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:This is a close one.I like Eaton, because he has the stuff and pitches in a pitcher friendly park, and I like Harden because hes shown promise in the minors and Oakland has a history of having good pitchers. I like Riley also, but not as much as the other 2.


Are you confident enough in Rhodes to get the job done and close out Harden's wins?

Good question. Im not sure. I would have to see more of Rhodes to determine this. Rhodes did blow Mulders win :~( , who I have. Im think that Rhodes wont blow too many of Hardens wins.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby Liberty30 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:31 pm

I'm looking at Riley and Harden's minor league stats and just can't decide. Reason why I ask the preference is because I picked up Riley for Benson a few days ago, but Harden was just waived today. Eaton is on waivers also and I plan on dropping Rollins for him.

Just trying to gather some opinions of my good friends here @ the cafe! ;-)
Image
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 27 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Deck Circle

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:01 pm

Liberty30 wrote:I'm looking at Riley and Harden's minor league stats and just can't decide. Reason why I ask the preference is because I picked up Riley for Benson a few days ago, but Harden was just waived today. Eaton is on waivers also and I plan on dropping Rollins for him.

Just trying to gather some opinions of my good friends here @ the cafe! ;-)


I just recently dropped Harden because I have too many guys on the DL and he was taking up a spot on my roster. I also recently dropped Eaton and I'm kicking myself for it. I hope they clear waivers so I can grab them again. I didn't know Harden was going to be back this week.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 819
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby thetruth » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:10 pm

eaton and harden
thetruth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 356
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: massachusetts

Postby G-Man » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:39 pm

after watching eaton last night i definitely like him out of this group....aside from the unreal hype around harden last year I don't know enough about his "upside" (sorry, hate that term but am dropping it anyways) to buy in yet.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1215
Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Baltimore

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TydayGapdog and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact