Voglesong - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Voglesong

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fishingmn » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:19 pm

Picked him up and started him in 2 leagues.

Don't care what he did to me in my H2H league - at least the damage is limited to this week.

I just dropped him in my Roto league - idiot raised my ERA by almost a point

(besides Eaton was sitting there available)
fishingmn
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mkooljr1 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:01 pm

Hahahaha, i love reading these posts. So you all pick up a guy after 1 good start, start him the next, he sucks, and then you drop him? I always laugh when people do this. That's a ticket to last place in your league. Good luck with the strategy!
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:04 pm

I picked him up after ST, have yet to start him, and don't plan on releasing him.

The guy throws consistently 95 or higher. It's ONE bad start vs. one of the better offenses in baseball. It was only a matter of time until they broke out.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:43 pm

mkooljr1 wrote:Hahahaha, i love reading these posts. So you all pick up a guy after 1 good start, start him the next, he sucks, and then you drop him? I always laugh when people do this. That's a ticket to last place in your league. Good luck with the strategy!

You'll never find the Dontrelle Willis, Javy Lopez, or Esteban Loaiza if you don't take a chance.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayman » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:45 pm

[quote="The Jury"][quote="mkooljr1"]Hahahaha, i love reading these posts. So you all pick up a guy after 1 good start, start him the next, he sucks, and then you drop him? I always laugh when people do this. That's a ticket to last place in your league. Good luck with the strategy![/quote]

You'll never find the Dontrelle Willis, Javy Lopez, or Esteban Loaiza if you don't take a chance.[/quote]

Well put. Not to mention that Vog had a good spring. What would be really messed up is if this is just one rough outing. I didn't see the game so I have no clue what his issues were.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jebatzel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:47 pm

giving up 7 runs scares me though.
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Crusher » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:11 pm

I saw some of his pitches. The kid does indeed throw smoke, so he's going to keep getting his share of K's, but there's no movement on his ball and he doesn't seem to have another pitch. Right now he's still a beginner - he's just throwing heat, hoping to blow everyone away. He's sort of where Jake Peavy was 2 years ago. Then Peavy spent much of last year learning how to be a pitcher and it clearly showed in the second half - yes, his K's went down, but so did his ERA as he realized that the name of the game is to get batters out, which means more than just throwing the pea as hard as you can. Vog clearly isn't at that stage yet. Much like the other clown at that team, Oliver Perez. He's got more electric stuff than anyone around but can't consistently throw a freakin strike. I've been waiting on him to come around forever, I hope it doesn't take this long for Vog to get it...
"Hit it hard - or go the F*** home"
Crusher
T-Ball Trainer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers