How long do you leave trades open? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How long do you leave trades open?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How long do you leave trades open?

Postby fishingmn » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:02 pm

One of the downsides to participating in a league with strangers is there's no way to contact another owner to see if he has received your trade offer.

How long do you usually leave open a trade offer before you reject it and move on with other options? I'd still like the trade to go through that I offered but at some point I need to move on to plan B.

Thanks
fishingmn
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:04 pm

you can send them an email if it is a yahoo league. I typically give them a week because some people do all their fantasy stuff weekly, after that I move on.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby cannonarm21 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:06 pm

If I see they have some league activity (which you can see in Yahoo) I give it a couple days only.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fishingmn » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:07 pm

The trade request automatically sends them an e-mail so I think it's fair to assume that they already got my trade request that way.

On top of that this owner turned on privacy so I can't see their e-mail address and therefore could only guess using their Yahoo ID which may or may not be one they actually read.
fishingmn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bleach168 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:09 pm

I absolutely hate it when I offer a trade to someone and they leave it hanging for a week or more. I know they are active because they are adding and dropping players but they just leave my trade hanging. I don't know why. Maybe they want to cheat me. :-o

At least I have the courtesy to accept or reject trades within 5 min of seeing them.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby BigMusky » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:09 pm

when you set up your team info...you can select to not have emails sent for league activity. That is why I suggested sending another email if you could. Sounds like you are just going to have to wait.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:17 pm

strangers: a few days depending on how badly I want the trade

people I know: within a day or two, one if I know they're active and have seen it

I respond within the day as a courtesy.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby canibus » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:18 pm

... as long as the players I'd be getting don't get injured. The longer that you leave a trade open, the more of a risk you run that an injury or something may have occured which would make the trade undeirable.
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:20 pm

Usually a couple of days if I know the people and a week if I don't.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:27 pm

canibus wrote:... as long as the players I'd be getting don't get injured. The longer that you leave a trade open, the more of a risk you run that an injury or something may have occured which would make the trade undeirable.

I agree with Canibus here. This is a real tricky question, because the truth of the matter is that player values change daily, and therefore the trade value does as well.

My philosophy when offering trades is that I will leave it available until I decide I no longer want to keep the offer available. Yeah, I know that seems pretty basic, but thats the way it works. 1 week, 1 month, whatever - as long as I still would make the offer, then it stays. Its not like I max out my trade offers around the league and need to cancel an old one to make room for a new one. As long as it makes sense for me to make the trade, and as long as the other owner hasent acted on it, it will stay.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers