2B - Jose Altuve ($19 keeper)
3B - Anthony Rendon
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury ($8 keeper)
OF - Corey Dickerson
OF - Jorge Soler
DH - Chris Carter
BN - Jay Bruce - OF, Steven Souza - OF

SP - Matt Harvey, Hisashi Iwakuma, Lancy Lynn, Ian Kennedy, Brandon McCarthy, Jose Quintana
RP - Jake McGee, Brett Cecil, Hector Rondon
oxhammer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How did I do with my 14 team auction?

Postby JGuilbault11 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:06 pm

For a 14 team league, I really like it. Having those keepers and their prices help a lot. Hopefully Rendon can play at full health, he is bouncing around from doctor to doctor with that knee issue. It is a well balanced offensive lineup. I love that you grabbed Soler, has potential to produce as a top 10 OF this season. Obviously Harvey and Iwakuma are studs, but Quintana/McCarthy are great cheap end of the rotation guys. If McCarthy carries success from pitching in NY over this will end up being a steal. If McGee can come back and close out games, you should be in good shape there.
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 655)

Postby B-Chad » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Nice keepers. I really like Souza as a bench flier. Your rotation has depth, and your relievers are good when McGee returns. Good job.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Postby oxhammer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:24 pm

It's really hard to practice patience with auctions. I'm getting better but still need some work. I put a lot of time into calculating player values over replacement players...a method I came across in an old thread in these forums. My strategy is to let people overspend on the big names. Instead, I'll spend a little extra on position players before there's a big drop-off in production. For instance, I overspent on Rendon but there was a big drop in production between him and the next best available. I tried to do that with Desmond, but screwed up in the bidding process. I had to overspend on Soler too for that very same reason. For the money spent, I'll be lucky if I break even. But, based on your feedback, my money was still well spent.

Funny thing about Souza...he was the last player I picked up and I only had $1 left. I wasn't expecting to get him but no other bids were put in.

Keepers: Last season, I made a tough choice and dropped Goldschmidt when he got injured. I was hoping no one would pick him up and stash him as a keeper. But, of course, they did. I got thanked for it during the auction. Luckily for me, I was paying attention and did the same thing to obtain Rizzo.
oxhammer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 26)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team