Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted, How did I do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just drafted, How did I do?

Postby eatyun » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:48 am

My plan going into the draft quickly fell apart, I don't have alot of power on this team which concerns me. I think my staff is pretty good.
16 Team H2H Dynasty League 6X6 with OBP instead of AVG
C. Yadier Molina
1B. Joe Mauer
2B. Kolten Wong
3B. Kyle Seager
SS. Starlin Castro
MI. Brandon Phillips
CI. Matt Carpenter
OF. Kole Calhoun
OF. Billy Hamilton
OF. Joc Pederson
OF. Colby Rasmus
UTIL. Jon Singleton
Bench Dioner Navarro, Michael Taylor

SP. King Felix
SP. Wacha
RP. Glen Perkins
RP. Wade Davis
P. Jeurys Familia
P. A.J Ramos
P. Hyun-Jin Ryu
P. Micheal Pineda
Bench Jose Quintana, John Lackey, Wily Peralta, C.J Wilson
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just drafted, How did I do?

Postby cinfante54 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:08 am

Yes power won't be there outside of Rasmus, Singleton and maybe Pederson but I believe R and SP will absolutely be there. Not too sure about OBP as Hamilton was .292, Rasmus was .287, Wong was .292, and Singleton was .285 last year. Rotation is pretty good but Pineda and Wacha have the injury risk, with Ryu already having the injury and starting on the DL. I think your bench will help that risk though.

Help? viewtopic.php?t=491031
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 395)

Postby TinkerTailor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:45 am

I really like this squad for a 16 team dynasty. You have a decent mix of eveything, especially some young guys with upside (Wacha, Pederson, Calhoun, Hamilton, Taylor). I wouldn't mind seeking out a trade at some point to balance out your power/speed. You do have some guys with power potential in Seager, Singleton, Taylor, so that should soften the power blow if any of those guys produce.

Also, your middle infield looks solid enough for a dynasty team (fingers crossed Castro finally realizes his potential).
"How can you not get romantic about baseball?"
TinkerTailor
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 7)

Postby B-Chad » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:46 pm

You're right to feel like you're light on power. I like your OBP anchors in Mauer/Carpenter. I'm a bit concerned about the injury risks in your rotation. Ultimately, I'm impressed that there are very few players I hate on your roster since it's a 16-team league. The sheer number of players rostered makes it difficult to construct a deep team. Your team looks decent.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Postby TinkerTailor » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:08 am

B-Chad wrote:Ultimately, I'm impressed that there are very few players I hate on your roster since it's a 16-team league.

This. Exactly what I thought when I saw it was a 16 teamer
"How can you not get romantic about baseball?"
TinkerTailor
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Millhouse » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Agreed, for a 16 teamer this is remarkably solid. Dead horse that power is your Achilles, but I think SB is an issue too...only Wong and Hamilton are really runners, and like others have said, both need to improve OBP. Pederson could chip on on steals if he gets the ABs to, you know, actually get on base. Was Micah Johnson taken? I might drop a backup C for him and gamble that he wins 2B job and uses that blazing speed to rack up 30+. And if he doesn't, and seems trapped in that Bonifacio/Beckham shitshow, then you pick up another backup C, as even in a 16 teamer there have got to be scrub-ish Dioner Navarro types on waivers. (Maybe just me but unless it's a 2 C league obviously, I NEVER roster a second catcher. kinda like rostering a backup TE, K or D in fantasy football...wasted roster spot).

Staff looks good for 16 teams, too. Overall I'd say that if all your guys hit or come close to their ceilings (tall ask, but it happens, stars align) then you should contend. And if you get lucky on guys like Taylor and Calhoun (I think he leads MLB in Runs, as many do), then you could be up top all season. I'd look to trade for power, though, even if it's a super deep guy who MIGHT catch lightning in a bottle due to injury/opportunity and swat 20-25 bombs, like a CJ Cron/Souza/ type.

See mine? Thanks. viewtopic.php?t=491104
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team