Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team- WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team- WHIR!

Postby handslikesecrets » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Concluded my 12-team, H2H fantasy baseball draft yesterday. Plan on streaming pitchers, which I have done the last 2 seasons to win my league.
What do you think? What needs improvement? WHIR.

Offensive Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS.
Defensive Categories: K, QS, W, SV, ERA, WHIP.

C- Brian McCann
1B- Jose Abreu
2B- Kolten Wong
3B- Evan Longoria
SS- Jimmy Rollins
OF- Yasiel Puig
OF- Bryce Harper
OF- Nelson Cruz
UTIL- Mookie Betts
UTIL- Lucas Duda
BENCH- Scooter Gennett
BENCH- Mike Napoli
BENCH- Avisail Garcia
BENCH- Javier Baez (Will drop)

SP- Julio Teheran
SP- Garrett Richards
RP- Kenley Jansen
RP- Sean Doolittle
P- Jered Weaver
P- Rick Porcello
P- Nathan Eovaldi
P- Neftali Feliz
BENCH- Rafael Soriano
handslikesecrets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Team- WHIR!

Postby cinfante54 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:01 am

Lineup will be low on the average side, with Betts and maybe Longoria being your only .280+ guys (I think Abreu gets .275ish) but HR amd RBI will definitely be there for you, as well as OPS. Runs will also be there with Wong, Puig, Gennett and Betts hitting at the top of the order. Since you're dropping Baez, I would make it a point to target relief (if you value saves). Jansen is out until May or so, Soriano is without a team and Feliz is shaky. Although I love Napoli (Sox fan) I may even consider dropping him for a SP since Richards is out as well.
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 395)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TinkerTailor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 pm

I really like a lot of things with this squad. Some other things, not so much, but you are covering yourself a decent amount with bench and Util.

I love:

Harper - Will put up big time numbers as long as he avoids walls
Abreu - No reason not to expect a repeat of 2014. Maybe a slight drop in average judging from his elevated BABIP last year, but everthing else towards raw power
Betts - Love this pick
Duda - 30+ HR potential, especially with the right center fences in at 370 ft. now. Expect big things here
Napoli - Probably a late round snag for another 30 HR potential bat in a potent lineup. Love it.

Not loving it:

Cruz - He played 159 games last year and has only done that one other time in his career, which give me some pause for concern heading into 2015. Safeco also isn't the greatest place for power bats.

Longoria: Injury risk here too coupled with a general decrease in production as he ages. Also not in a great lineup. If he can stay on the field for 140 games, he should be okay though.

All in all, I really like your squad. Streaming pitchers should work great with the staff as it is. A lot of win potential with what you have right now with a decent amount of Ks too. Good luck!
"How can you not get romantic about baseball?"
TinkerTailor
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 7)

Postby JGuilbault11 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 pm

You will without a doubt have some serious HR+RBI coming your way. I don't mind the Nelson Cruz pick, he is going to drive in a ton of runs, HR should drop a little moving to Seattle, but a safe pick I think. I like McCann in a bounce back year as well. It is tough not to like a lefty who plays for NY. Longoria is the only one I strongly dislike, he is more name than actual stats right now. I would maybe see if you can get someone to bite on him in a trade. Overall there is a lot there to like, and I think you may use Scooter Gennett a ton this year, one of my favorite deep round guys. The staff is fine and you are streaming pitchers, the RP is an issue. I stashed Soriano in a few leagues hoping he gets signed, but Doolittle has a slight tear in his rotator cuff, and Jensen as mentioned above is out. That puts some pressure on hitting the right SP.
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 653)

Postby B-Chad » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:37 pm

You will need to either be active on the wire to patch up your bullpen, or you'll need to swing a deal. Saves will be a problem to open the year. I love Teheran/Richards, but I don't care for the other arms on your staff. You do plan on streaming, though, so hopefully you'll find a name or two who will stick while you stream using the other roster spots. The lineup looks great.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team