Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my Auction Team! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my Auction Team! WHIR

Postby cinfante54 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:25 pm

16 team H2H 9x9

$260 budget. *Keep in mind that people were hardcore bidding on players. Trout went for $82, McCutchen went for $65, Goldschmidt went for $68, as did Kershaw.

My team:

Bumgarner $37
Fielder $30
Danny Santana $12
Cueto $30
Pedroia $20
Wright $14
Carrasco $26
Bruce $13
Gattis $11
Werth $10
Harrison $10
Lawrie $3
Belt $9
Pollock $6
Span $3
Rondon $2
Tillman $2
K-Rod $1
Porcello $2
Salazar $1

Salazar was an auto pick since I wasn't paying attention. I currently have a pending trade sending Werth and Lawrie for Kazmir and Eaton. I also have waiver claims dropping Span for Odor to be my backup 2B and dropping Salazar for Neshek.

League was a re-draft. Picking franchise players before start of season. Franchise players cannot be traded until end of NEXT season. I'm thinking Eaton, he'll be cheap next year and it will allow a high budget for next draft. Thoughts? WHIR
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 395)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my Auction Team! WHIR

Postby JGuilbault11 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Whoa, I have not seen players go for that so far this year. You got Bumgarner/Cueto for $67 to match his one Kershaw for $68, well done. With that being said, I love your collection of pitching. Carrasco as a third SP is solid. Porcello and Tillman are not sexy fantasy guys, but hold some value in the back end of the rotation. Great cheap bullpen as well, K-Rod has a shot to save a ton of games, and Rondon has high upside as well. 9/10 for pitching. Because this is a 16 team league I think you have a pretty great lineup IF/OF. If this was a standard 12 man, I would say it is fairly average. Also you have a nice bench to work with as well. I don't mind the transactions either. Eaton, if healthy, can have a solid fantasy season. 8/10 for a total team.
Twitter: @JGuilbault11
JGuilbault11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 655)

Postby B-Chad » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 pm

It would take a leap of faith, but given the cost of top tier pitching, I'd consider locking in Carrasco as your franchise player. I like the trade, but as long as you can stash Salazar for a bit, I'd hold tight on him. I look at his second half numbers and raw stuff, and I think he figures it out and overtakes whoever wins he SP5 job in Cleveland before long.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Postby handslikesecrets » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:13 pm

I think you found some solid value, considering the crazy bids you were dealing with. For a 16-team auction, I think you did well- your pitching is definitely stronger than your outfield, but the waiver wire will yield some great pickups. I think you'll be able to trade some of your pitching once the season gets underway and some of the other teams who spent crazy on outfielders realize how badly they need steady pitching options.
Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=491070
handslikesecrets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cinfante54 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:57 am

B-Chad, I was very tempted to hold on to Salazar, however we do a Sv+H category in my league so I needed a holds guy to keep my competitive in the category until Rondon comes up. I will also look into keeping Carrasco as well, I made it a point to get him so I overpaid a bit. I highly doubt he'll be productive enough to be a $26 keeper next year so I will probably get him at around $15 which is great for a solid pitcher.
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eatyun » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:08 pm

You spent well on pitching, I would rather have Cueto and Bumgarner at that price then kershaw at 68$ any day, I think you spent to much on Fielder, though if he does bounce back it would be worth it. I like Eaton, I think he will be a solid run producer with a good average..
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)

Postby cinfante54 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:17 pm

The price of 1B were going really high throughout the draft. I believe Abreu went for 50+, Pujols 40+, Miggy 60+. A lot of the guys in my draft spent heavy on a few players, I wanted to disperse my money over the whole team. One guy actually had $15 left with only 6 drafted players.

Also, just was offered Avisail Garcia for A.J. Pollack. I am a big fan of Garcia's potential but I also like that Pollack doesn't K as much. Thoughts?
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DukeYankeeFan4 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 pm

I really like Pollack this year.
I Am A FaNtAsY GoD
DukeYankeeFan4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 92)

Postby bjmacdow » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:38 pm

I don't like Lawrie at 3rd. I know it is a 16 team league and there probably isn't much left; but if Luis Valbuena is available, I would look to upgrade there. He is major overlooked this year.

If possible: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=491102
Thanks.
bjmacdow
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 74)

Postby cinfante54 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:15 am

bjmac- I have Wright at 3rd. Just traded Lawrie and Werth for Kazmir and Eaton. I also have Harrison 3B eligible if needed.
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team