Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:01 am

hello everyone,

Im in a 14 team 5th year keeper league (keep 4) h2h 5x5 (avg, hr, rbi, r, sb, w, sv, ks, era, whip)

Had some nice early extra draft picks from trades from the season before what do you guys think of the team?

c- Y.Molina
1b- C.Carter
2b- R.Cano
3b- Machado- k
ss- Rollins
Of- Harper- k
Of- Yelich0 k
Of- Upton
Ult-JD.MArtinez
Ult- Dee Gordan
B- J.Harrison
B- Alex Rodriguez

SP- Felix Hernandez- k
SP- G.Cole
Sp- J.Shields
SP- Y. Ventura
SP- P.Hughes
SP- S.Miller
SP- W.PEralta
RP- Betances
RP- Robertson
RP- Street
RP- A.Miller

Any Thoughts? Any Position i am going to need improvement on or stats?

Will always help in return just drop the link!
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My Team WHIR

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:16 pm

First of all, as far as the keepers go you've got a nice group of very young hitters to complement Felix Hernandez. Justin Upton could make an argument to be included next year too if he continues to hit in Petco like he's done his entire career and makes people's concerns about Petco a thing of the past. If that happens and your young pitching really steps up you may end up being in the position that you could roll one of those guys (maybe Upton, maybe Machado, Yelich, or Harper) with Hernandez to upgrade significantly at a keeper slot. A huge breakout for instance might enable you to put together a package for a top-tier keeper like Trout or Kershaw.

As far as in-season production goes your hitting shows some nice balance. Carter is a monster as far as hr production which will help balance Dee Gordon's sb-only contributions. Harper, Yelich, and Upton all provide some value across the board while Cano and Molina both provide some great average support. Your starting pitching is a nice combination of upside and performance and you've got enough saves upside to do just fine in that category in a 14-team league (basically locked down in NY and 2 other closers to boot). I would think this team would be in the running for a title this year - there are no superstars here but you've done a great job of leveraging those extra picks into a solid, balanced roster. If the h2h luck-gods frown on you in the early going 2-1 deals to upgrade your keepers should be decently easy to pull off, depending on the way your league looks at those deals.
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 235)

Postby SuperDoodles » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:24 pm

I agree with everything above except where to go from here. You have a great 12 man team which, I fervently agree, could bring you a title in a 14 team. They just need the chance. I would say don't make any major moves you aren't forced to until at least mid May, unless it's a player you like or tremendous value. I personally could do without A-Rod and would grab another pitcher. In lieu of that, backup SS (unless Gordon still has it in your league) or 1B (to take advantage of Carter's dual eligibility if he has it in your league). Keep an eye on Peralta and Miller and trade high if you can. I like them, just think it's a safer move, Peralta more than Miller. As for keepers next year you should have plenty to choose from or package. Just want say again, I really like this team's chances, good luck.

I'll take any help I can get, thanks
viewtopic.php?t=490811
SuperDoodles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 19)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:57 pm

SuperDoodles wrote:I agree with everything above except where to go from here. You have a great 12 man team which, I fervently agree, could bring you a title in a 14 team. They just need the chance. I would say don't make any major moves you aren't forced to until at least mid May, unless it's a player you like or tremendous value. I personally could do without A-Rod and would grab another pitcher. In lieu of that, backup SS (unless Gordon still has it in your league) or 1B (to take advantage of Carter's dual eligibility if he has it in your league). Keep an eye on Peralta and Miller and trade high if you can. I like them, just think it's a safer move, Peralta more than Miller. As for keepers next year you should have plenty to choose from or package. Just want say again, I really like this team's chances, good luck.

I'll take any help I can get, thanks
viewtopic.php?t=490811

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not saying to sell right away. This is a very competitive team. In h2h though some early bad luck can sink a season more easily than in roto. If he finds himself in late May with very little shot at the playoffs for some reason he has a roster perfectly built for 2-1 or 3-1 trades to upgrade those 4 keeper slots.

viewtopic.php?t=490852
Hope springs eternal
grows like ivy on the vine
then dies in the fall

--Haiku for a Cubs Fan, The Loveable Losers
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team