almost sold on bonderman... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

almost sold on bonderman...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby John Bonzo » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:03 pm

Zito is God wrote:I do take it out on all guests. I don't see why you wouldn't just register and get it over with if you want to be a serious poster and discuss fantasy baseball in a serious way.

I guess what i was trying to say is save your complaints for when a guest (or anyone for that matter) is actually doing something that is annoying or inappropriate.

I agree that you should register if you want to be a serious poster, but I also dont want to drive away the folks who are posting as a guest for its real purpose...to check out the boards to make sure that they are worth visiting again.

I guess my point is just that this guest's post was a serious post that was discussing baseball in a serious way. I do understand (and share) your frustration though with some of the recent posts and threads.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ntrdame316 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:10 pm

I was the guest who posted the question, the reason I didnt sign in is because at work Im automatically logged in. I thought I was logged in. Anyways, Zito, I wasnt being argumentive. I was just wondering why you thought Maroth was better. I, as well, like Maroth a lot. Although, I do not agree that Maroth is anywhere near as good as Bonderman.
ntrdame316
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hyde » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:03 am

I don't think Maroth will be better than Bonderman. Maroth has to be crafty and has to rely on putting every pitch in a good location or he gets rocked. Bonderman is a power pitcher with a 93-97 mph fastball. Once Bonderman develops another good pitch like a sinker, split or forkball he will be dominant. Right now I don't know what his 2nd pitch is, it looks like a bad slider that he can't consistantly throw for strikes. It's amazing what Bonderman is doing right now basically with only two types of fastballs and really bad slider.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:18 am

What does registering have to do with being a serious poster or baseball fan. ? Just because I am denying myself the priveledge of having my posts total tallied, and the ability to have a man`s picture under my name, how does that in anyway reflect my baseball enthusiasm?  I guess if you own a motorbike but are not part of a biker gang, then it would be impossible to be a serious rider either.

Leave the "peer group" mentality at high school next time.

If you want to drive guests away then fair enough...good effort, but realize that some guests (not neccesarily me), do have valid opinions, and , for example, those living overseas (Japan etc) have access to information you wouldnt be able to get otherwise.

Think before shooting yourself in the foot.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby hybrid » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:29 am

nice to see my thread was totally taken over cause of people talking about guests posting on the board ... not that I don't dislike the majority of them anyways, but there is a totally seperate thread for that. anyways i'm not mad or anything, i just thought i had a lot of nice posts regarding bonderman and half of them weren't :-[

also hyde, have you watched many games of the tigers, i see you have a tigers avatar. just curious cause his 2nd pitch is a slider and what i have seen of it it's a really nice one. i do agree though that he doesn't have consistent control of it though.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Hyde » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:56 am

hybrid wrote:
also hyde, have you watched many games of the tigers, i see you have a tigers avatar. just curious cause his 2nd pitch is a slider and what i have seen of it it's a really nice one. i do agree though that he doesn't have consistent control of it though.

Prior to last year I hardly ever missed a televised Tiger game.
I admit, last year I didn't watch alot of the Tigers because they were a minor league team playing in the Majors, plus I have MLB extra innings so I watched good games instead. I went to the Tiger game tonight and it was the same old thing with Bonderman. He couldn't throw the slider for strikes and had a good over powering fastball. Bonderman also hides the ball during his delivery which helps his fastball sneak up on batters more. I can't wait for the day when he can throw his slider when he's behind in the count, but I really hope he develops a splitter like Clemons or Schillings.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:00 am

my apologies for hijacking the post, it just got under my skin.

As per Bonderman, at the moment he is just potential. Nothing definate at this time, way too early to make any real informed judgements.

If you want a guess based on pure speculation, then my guess is that i doubt he will ever rise to any great heights.

Postby LBJackal » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:07 am

Bonderman looks like a great pitcher in the future. All the makings of an ace. If not for being with Detroit last year and losing 19 games, a lot more people would be talking about him being the next big thing like they were with Prior and Beckett. I'll just say that he was on par with Harden/Duchscherer in Oakland before he was traded. Make your own conclusions.

If what some people are saying about his control with his slider is true, I can see him being an awesome pitcher in the future. I don't know about him adding a splitter, although that would be a nice bonus. In a deep/AL keeper I'd love to have Bonderman. Maroth, not so much. But he is their ace so maybe they know something that I don't. He hasn't shown much in the majors so far though, and I'd definately have Bonderman on my team before him.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:22 am

Prior to last season, Bonderman was one of the top prospects in ALL of the Majors (Baseball America had him #20, just to name one). They probably brought him up to the majors too soon, but he looks like he really hasn't been affected by such a tough season last year. It's tough to say, but you never know, he could realize that potential sooner than you might think. Maroth is guy who should be pretty solid in the majors, but will never be an ace like Bonderman could be.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby larry » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:02 am

some guests have old comps with slow dial-up connections. it actually takes about 5 minutes just to sign in at the cafe :,-( sometimes, if your pressed for time, its just easier to make up a lame name and start posting away... im too scared to give my account name at the risk of redicule, but i do this sometimes.. no harm is meant by it
larry

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers